cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for a narrow TT that sleeps 4

MKish
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all. The spouse is starting to grumble about wanting a trailer so I'm starting to look online at what is available and might suit us. I'm looking for suggestions on narrow bunkhouse TTs (7'6" width max).

I've found the CampLite 21BHS and the Microminnie 1700BH.

Has anyone checked these out and would be willing to share your impressions?

Are there others? There must be but I'm having a hard time finding them!

My preferences:

1. sleeps 4 without a ton of setup (I would consider a hybrid if it had at least one permanent bed I could pile the other bedding on while on the move)

2. 7'6" wide or less, preferably 7'. (This is important for storage as well as driving convenience)

3. seating for 4 at the dinette (Microminnie seems to fail this test)

4. access to refrigerator and bathroom at all times (with slide in/top is down/whatever). The CampLite is questionable here and I'd love some reviews

5. bathroom and refrigerator, wet bath okay, fridge should be larger than "dorm size".

6. prefer 2 axles

7. prefer not to have microwave, TV, stereo, satellite, etc. (We won't use these things and storage would be preferred in a small TT)

8. prefer larger tanks

9. The shorter the better

Any suggestions? My tow vehicle should be adequate for anything in this category. Thanks!
31 REPLIES 31

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
They do make a Baja version of the 154 BH that has more ground clearance and larger tanks as I recall.

MKish
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks! Good suggestions! I like the size and layout on the Jayco but the tanks are...petite? They just don't go with the roomy shower. ๐Ÿ™‚

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
The Jayco 154 BH meets most of the OP's specifications. Dinette/bed with two bunks. Lightweight and under $12,000.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Coachman Clipper 17BH and Forest River Viking 17BH (same identical trailer, just a different decal set) are the only ones I found in that class which had a full shower surround.

They are also the only ones I found with full wall of overhead cabinets that wrap around the corner to the front wall.

Only ones with lift up bed for basement storage plus cargo doors to access the basement on both sides

Also they have a Bunk cargo door and the lower bunk folds up for loading things like a bicycle, etc through the cargo door.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

MKish
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks again all for the suggestions and recommendations. I know what I'm doing this weekend!

GWolfe
Explorer
Explorer
spoon059 wrote:
Coachman Clipper 17BH. My buddy just bought one of these last year. Full bed up front, 2 bunks in the back and a dinette that folds down. Its only 7 feet wide.

It has the little dorm style fridge, but it is a propane/electric fridge. I think it has a cooktop, no stove... cant remember about the microwave.

It has a legit bathroom, small, but has toilet and shower. Not sure if there is a second sink in the bathroom, or just the kitchen sink.

It has pretty small tanks, most smaller trailers have smaller tanks.

Also, it is a single axle and either 13 or 14" tires.

I'm in my second Clipper. Most come with the microwave, if you didn't want/need it it just takes four screws to take it out. The area is somewhat finished so it wouldn't take much to make it a storage space.

One of the reasons I went with a Clipper was the larger tanks, 33 gal fresh, 25 gal gray and black. Also has an auto ignite water heater, several campers in this range have manual ignite.

The 13" tires did bug me, I upgraded to 15" with no clearance issues.

There is no sink in the bathroom.
2005 Sun-Lite Eagle
2011 Silverado

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad
We have a 2013 Camplite 21BHS and are very happy with it. It tows great with our Ram 1500, and we've taken it around the country from Florida out to Arizona and Utah, Tennessee etc. No problems towing long distances and while it is usually just my wife and I, we've had our daughter and her husband stay with us with no problems.

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
Remember any time you drift from the "standard" RV specs, you are going to add cost.

Be sure that the axle width is the same at the TT body width. You can see on some Jayco feather lite models, the wheels and fender skirts are wider than the body.

Good Luck
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

hvac
Explorer
Explorer
Try livin lite Camplite.

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
Though not made anymore, Skyline made several campers that fit your needs. Our kids have an Ecocamper 214BH. 7.5' wide, dual axle, big fridge, decent dinette, etc. They have 3 children and take off every summer for 4 weeks.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
KirkJB wrote:
Have you looked at the Lance 1575. My wife and I are stepping up from a tent trailer to a travel trailer and have been researching options for several months. They tend to cost more than most of the others in the 7 ft wide range, but it sounds like it may fit your needs. We will be getting ours in about a month.

In his opening post the OP said - "I'm looking for suggestions on narrow bunkhouse TTs ...". Your Lance 1575 is a couple's model without bunk beds ... to get those in a Lance he'd have to move up to the much heavier, 8' wide 2185.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

KirkJB
Explorer
Explorer
Have you looked at the Lance 1575. My wife and I are stepping up from a tent trailer to a travel trailer and have been researching options for several months. They tend to cost more than most of the others in the 7 ft wide range, but it sounds like it may fit your needs. We will be getting ours in about a month.

RinconVTR
Explorer
Explorer
As a former owner, I would recommend the Gulfstream Vista (was Visa) line.

They have a couple options in 19 and 23' for you.

Light and aerodynamic, they tow really nice.

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
spoon059 wrote:
Coachman Clipper 17BH. My buddy just bought one of these last year. Full bed up front, 2 bunks in the back and a dinette that folds down. Its only 7 feet wide.

It has the little dorm style fridge, but it is a propane/electric fridge. I think it has a cooktop, no stove... cant remember about the microwave.

It has a legit bathroom, small, but has toilet and shower. Not sure if there is a second sink in the bathroom, or just the kitchen sink.

It has pretty small tanks, most smaller trailers have smaller tanks.

Also, it is a single axle and either 13 or 14" tires.

Their 17 BHS looks interesting, smaller fridge, more cabinet space, bike passthrough for the bunks, but small basement storage area. I'm not sure how much the extra cabinet space would matter given the slightly lower CCC, unless you're only putting clothes in it you'll never fill them all before you run out of weight.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH