cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for next travel trailer

StephenandRobbi
Explorer
Explorer
I'm having trouble finding a new camper with all the stuff that I want. Hoping someone might have some ideas. This is what I'm looking for.

Fairly light weight. Ideally under 4000 lb dry weight
Walk around murphy bed.
Slide out dinenett
Full bathroom
Oven under stove

Any ideas would be helpfull
Stephen
Robbin
17 REPLIES 17

Passin__Through
Explorer
Explorer
"Tell us how you bake the brownies in that RV oven? I used it to make canned biscuits and it burned them on the bottom but not very brown on top. Whats the secret?"

Oklatraveler, get yourself a pizza stone or a piece of unglazed tile and put it in the oven on the rack just above the burner. It will act as a heat diffuser and minimize the burning of the biscuit bottoms.

I found a porcelainized metal drip pan at a thrift shop and use it instead of a tile. Works just fine, much lighter than a tile, and won't break (as the tile did). Bake the biscuits at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes or so. Then break out the butter and the Boysenberry jam and I'll be right over!:D

Didn't intend to hijack the thread - but if I can get some biscuits out of the deal........... .
2008 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax 4x4 CCSB; Superglide 16k hitch w/3" lift kit; Titan 52-gallon replacement fuel tank :C
2007 HitchHiker II LS 26.5RLBG Mor/Ryde pinbox:B

snowedin
Explorer
Explorer
You might look at the Lance travel trailers as they are fairly light weight but don't know if they have a Murphy bed. Another option might be the Flagstaff 21DS or Rockwood 2104S (nearly identical Forest River products). The Rockwood/Flagstaff has the ducted AC which much quieter than the AC just blowing directly out of the AC unit in the ceiling and
also have the Torflex suspension systems which eliminate a lot of maintenance and offer better ride.

oklatraveler
Explorer
Explorer
BurbMan wrote:
It's getting hard to find ovens, mfrs claim nobody uses them anymore. Maybe so but we love ours! Nothing like smelling a roast cook all day when the Fall air is crisp! Or brownies baking....mmmm....

Tell us how you bake the brownies in that RV oven? I used it to make canned biscuits and it burned them on the bottom but not very brown on top. Whats the secret?

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
StephenandRobbin wrote:
What kind of price can one expect to pay for the Rockwood Mini Lite?

My 2018 2109S was $16,500 - it was like brand new. For a small TT, it feels immense inside and has lots of thoughtful touches. I haven't used it yet, (we tend to camp with our kids/grandkids who also have RV's) but OUR trailer allows us to put the TV outdoors, up under the awning, so if we had a rainy day, we could always offer a movie matinee for the whole gaggle of kids ๐Ÿ™‚
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Rockwood mini 2504S is the trailer I have been looking for. It does everything well. It is beautiful. This year I have been mostly sleeping in it in the backyard. I paid 13,500 for a 2013 model.

StephenandRobbi
Explorer
Explorer
What kind of price can one expect to pay for the Rockwood Mini Lite?
Stephen
Robbin

Tin-bender
Explorer
Explorer
I'll chime in for the Rockwood Mini Lite as well. We have a 2019, 2507s, look into it I think it will be every thing your looking for though a little heavier.

StephenandRobbi
Explorer
Explorer
I've been eyeing the Winnebago. The 2021 model doesn't have the oven, but I like it otherwise.
I'll take a look at the Rockwood Mini also.
Thanks for the info guys
Stephen
Robbin

Reader1
Explorer
Explorer
Our new Rockwood Mini 2104 has a slide out dinette, oven, full bathroom, and a Murphy Bed but it is 4800 lbs. When the Murphy Bed is up, there is a couch with both ends that recline. We love it.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Seems a WInnebago towable Micro Minnie or Minnie might work.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

StephenandRobbi
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the good ideas. My Suburban has a towing capacity of 7800, but my current trailer has a max loaded weight of 6000, not sure how much weight I actually have in it right now, but it seems to tax it's ability on hills, so I wanted to go a little lighter if possible.
Stephen
Robbin

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
As luck would have it I just got an email about a Virtual RV Show being put on by RV Wholesalers, Sept 23 from noon till 8pm.

It's free, just follow the link to register.

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
RV trader will let you search, based on features, length, weight, etc. Once you find one that you like - then go searching for it based on name and model. Or (what I did) - you can go to a huge RV website, like "Forest River" or "Thor" and then search the floorplans of all the subset brand names.

I just bought a Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S - I know there's a very similar model that has a Murphy bed arrangement instead of the island queen bed. If I remember correctly, a LOT of 20' and shorter models offered the floorplan I think you are asking for. (My trailer is 4100 lbs, but it has a double axle)

On edit: the 2104S is the trailer I was thinking of - BUT: it's #4900 lbs; (The murphy bed feature adds a lot of weight) and when you get that one, you lose the pass-through storage area. For what you are hoping for, you might have to go with a single axle trailer?
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
What's the max weight you can handle?

Something like FOREST RIVER ROCKWOOD MINI LITE 2504S has an empty weight of 4800lb and GVWR of 6300.

A little higher weight wise but otherwise ticks the boxes. Is there any flexibility on tow vehicle or how heavy do you pack?
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV