cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for smaller/lighter TT

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Less than 4,000 lbs, loaded, and probably less than 20'. I know there a lot a TT in this class, but I want one with 2 different sleeping areas. One could be a knock down dinette. (I snore, so I am looking for somewhere that DW can sleep without a diesel truck in her ear !)

The Riverside 181B is about the best floor plan I have come up with

I would probably remove the top bunk and maybe add a cabinet up there. I would really like a slide out for more interior space.

I am not opposed to a hybrid.
34 REPLIES 34

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
SusanDallas wrote:
Look at the sportsmen classic 180bhs.It is around 2800lbs. It has 2 bunkbeds,large u shaped dinette and a queen bed.I love mine.

Standard (not u-shaped) dinette.

This is a good layout ! Replace the dinette with recliner love seat and make the bed into a u-shaped dinette/bed.

SusanDallas
Explorer
Explorer
Look at the sportsmen classic 180bhs.It is around 2800lbs. It has 2 bunkbeds,large u shaped dinette and a queen bed.I love mine.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
cbshoestring wrote:
My BIL rented a KZ Spree 196S for a week long trip with the wife and kid.

Very nice !

I nit to pick. I think I would prefer a front U-dinette instead of a bed. A couple of recliners in the slide out would be perfect !

New model number is E191BH

gmw_photos
Explorer
Explorer
If you are not opposed to going used or maybe finding a new left over model, my 2012 Funfinder 189FDS fits your stated requirements. I think they made it up thru 2015 model year, but have now discontinued it.

EDIT: here is an example of one like mine. This appears to be a 2011 model.
This vid is a little misleading though regarding the slide. I can see from looking at it both outside and inside, they do not have it extended all the way. But still you can get the feel for it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Nfs-pM_xAo

ricks99
Explorer
Explorer
theoldwizard1 wrote:

We love our Kodiak Hybrid...
  • Two queen, separate beds
  • Dinette & jacknife sofa beds (if needed)
  • Under 4000#

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 (aka Rusty)
2017 Kodiak 172e Hybrid (aka Roxy)

full_mosey
Explorer
Explorer
llowllms wrote:
I would be surprised if you found a slide on that small of a rig. Happy shopping.

Maybe this?

Specs for 2016 Palomino - Real-Lite Mini
Floorplan: RL-15 TZ

HTH;
John

JimVan
Explorer
Explorer
I would look at the Winnebago Micro Minnie and Winnie Drops
Jim & Vanessia
Winnebago Minnie 2500 rls
2015 Silverado 4x4

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
cbshoestring wrote:
KZ Spree 196S

That is very nice for a small, lightweight TT.
I love me some land yachting

cbshoestring
Explorer
Explorer
cbshoestring wrote:
My BIL rented a KZ Spree 196S for a week long trip with the wife and kid.

I was impressed....Queen bed for mom and dad, bunks for the kids. All without converting the slide-out dinette, that could sleep 2 more kids (most likely one adult).

Did I mention 3500# GVWR. You would need to read the spec sheet, but I think it comes in at 26-2700 lbs, leaving about 900lbs for whatever junk you think you need to stuff into a 19' trailer.

The three of them made it 10 days. He may have had a tote in the bed of the truck with the 3 bicycles (I don't remember), but I think most of the "stuff" was stored in the trailer.

Very similar floor plan to the one you show, but with the addition of a slide-out dinette.

Good luck on your search.

cbshoestring
Explorer
Explorer
oops

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad
Check out the various Camplites. Lightweight, smaller and various floor plans:

Camplite Trailers

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle

OutdoorPhotogra
Explorer
Explorer
Why would you not have went the route of a hybrid? I was going to recommend that he will definitely maximize space with two sleeping areas with a hybrid.

Never owned a hybrid but camped iin a PUP for 8 years. Breaking camp in rain stinks but hybrid would be a little easier. NP's had restrictions on us for bears as a soft side but still doable. Just had to use a bear box.
2008 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 5th Wheel
F-250 6.2 Gasser

Former PUP camper (Rockwood Popup Freedom 1980)

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
theoldwizard1 wrote:
Less than 4,000 lbs, loaded, and probably less than 20'. I know there a lot a TT in this class, but I want one with 2 different sleeping areas. One could be a knock down dinette.

You may not be "opposed" to a hybrid but the reality is a hybrid is an entirely different animal than a travel trailer and having (unfortunately) been there myself I'd suggest if you go that route you'll always be wondering if you shouldn't or couldn't have found what you wanted in a travel trailer. :@

That Riverside is awfully small and as you say doesn't have a slide ... so how about any one of a number of Coachmen Apex models, one being the Apex 191RBS which has a slide out dinette that can be converted at night as a second bed. :B

2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

shelbyfv
Explorer
Explorer
Casita has some models with twin beds. http://casitatraveltrailers.com/independence-17/ No slideouts, but it won't deteriorate to junk in a couple of years. Also check Escape, Scamp and Oliver.

mordecai81
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Rockwood mini lite 1809s that weighs in at 4200lbs fully loaded and watered. They don't make that model anymore but have replaced it with similar. Good cabinets and storage in the Rockwoods for an ultralight. Fairly shallow slide but it really opens up the floor plan.