cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for travel trailer with 100g fresh water

kofire
Explorer
Explorer
Hi I'm used to the toyhauler world which has large fresh water capacity. I would like to get a travel trailer and put the toys in the back of my truck and the. Have a hitch on the back of the trailer for bikes.
My dilemma is we mainly dry camp and I am used to having 150g of fresh water. What brands and models have at least 100g of fresh water? I've seen the eclipse milans which have that option but I'm unaware of any else. Thanks
23 REPLIES 23

Mike_Up
Explorer
Explorer
kofire wrote:
Hi I'm used to the toyhauler world which has large fresh water capacity. I would like to get a travel trailer and put the toys in the back of my truck and the. Have a hitch on the back of the trailer for bikes.
My dilemma is we mainly dry camp and I am used to having 150g of fresh water. What brands and models have at least 100g of fresh water? I've seen the eclipse milans which have that option but I'm unaware of any else. Thanks

My Jay Flight 26BH has 90 gallons of Fresh water.
2019 Ford F150 XLT Sport, CC, 4WD, 145" WB, 3.5L Ecoboost, 10 speed, 3.55 9.75" Locking Axle, Max Tow, 1831# Payload, 10700# Tow Rating, pulling a 2020 Rockwood Premier 2716g, with a 14' box. Previous 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH.

hvac
Explorer
Explorer
I know moving away from toyhauler but look at the ATC front bedroom 28 footer. Nice and 100 gallons.

hohenwald48
Explorer
Explorer
🙂
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

2019 Newmar Canyon Star 3627
2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bingo!

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II
hohenwald48 wrote:
deltabravo wrote:
Boon Docker wrote:
Huntindog wrote:
Whatever the water heater holds is not important, as it is basically unusable.
Unusable ?

I use the water in my water heater to shower with all the time. :B

I do too.

But there's always 6 gallons in there and no way to get it out. Unless you pull the drain plug. I think the point is that the water heater does not add to your usable water capacity.

Does anyone here really think that Boon Docker doesn't know this?
The :B big grin at the end of his message is there for a reason.
It's a joke, son.

hohenwald48
Explorer
Explorer
deltabravo wrote:
Boon Docker wrote:
Huntindog wrote:
Unusable ?

I do too.

But there's always 6 gallons in there and no way to get it out. Unless you pull the drain plug. I think the point is that the water heater does not add to your usable water capacity.

2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
We bring along several empty jerry cans -- when the trailer tank gets low, we fill the cans and dump them into the trailer tank. It works just fine, and there is the added benefit of the exercise -- lifting the cans into the truck, lifting them up to dump into the trailer, etc. -- fun!
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
I'm more concerned about the grey tank. won't matter how much fresh you have if you have know where to put it.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have the Elite package on my Jayco Jay Flight which has the 90 gal. dual tanks.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Boon Docker wrote:
Huntindog wrote:
Unusable ?

I do too.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

hohenwald48
Explorer
Explorer
Jayco makes several units with 90 gallon water capacity (2 45 gallon tanks over the axles) and I think you might be able to have the extra 45 gallon tank added to other models if you do a factory order. I think Jayco calls this process a "pink sheet" modification when done at the factory.

2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
Many people solve this problem by using a bladder in the truck bed. You could fill it up at the campground, no need to travel with it full, and use it to refill with a 12V pump. Might be the easiest solution.

At that point, gray and black tank capacity become your limiting factor.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

kofire
Explorer
Explorer
I'd appreciate if we just keep to topic please thanks.

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
Boon Docker wrote:
Huntindog wrote:
NY RVer wrote:
Our Jayco 28BHBE has about 90 gal or so of freshwater including the 6 in hot water heater.

Unusable ?

You won't get that water out of the water heater if all else runs empty. The pump cannot push water out of the tank if there is nothing to push into it to replace it.

Water heater capacity added to total USEABLE capacity is a bogus advertising ploy. You need to consider it when working up weights, but for usefulness is it not.

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.