cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Maxxair original vs Maxxair 2 - experience

silverbullet555
Explorer
Explorer
I'd like to put a Maxxair cover on one of the vents on our Lance 845 so I can leave a vent open.

First, do they keep out water as advertised?

Second, any experience in the 1 vs the 2?

It's only a $10 price difference so that isn't a concern.

Just checking to see if the new design created issues or maybe isn't as good as the original?

I intend to put vortex fan (already have) in one of the vents as well.
1995 Northland Grizzly 860. 2355 lbs of purple goodness! Sold
2005 Lance 845 - Baby Bertha
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Classic CC SB 4WD
Torklift mounts
Torklift superhitch
Hellwig swaybar and 3500lb helper springs
2002 Cobalt 226 "Baby Blue"
6 REPLIES 6

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
IAMICHABOD wrote:
I have the old Maxxair Original and the Fanmate,which has the same pin/hinge mounting as the Maxxair 2.No problems with with water getting in on them at all.

The thing I like about the Maxxair 2 is the pin/hinged mounting like my Fanmate,it makes opening,cleaning or replacing the vent lid easy. The original has a bolt down mounting,much harder to open for maintenance.

If I ever have to replace my old ones,more than 10 years old now and in perfect shape,I would opt for the Maxxair 2 for the pin/hinge mounting for that reason, they are also about 3 inches longer and have a larger opening for better airflow like my Fanmate

I agree - I had the #1 units on our previous RVs and they worked great; but just installed the #2 on our truck camper and the pin-and-hinge system is GREAT!! And in spite of its wrap-around style, it hasn't leaked
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
silverbullet555 wrote:
Thanks. I'll order one up and get it on. It'll be a good thing.

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

silverbullet555
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. I'll order one up and get it on. It'll be a good thing.
Torklift mounts
Torklift superhitch

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have the old Maxxair Original and the Fanmate,which has the same pin/hinge mounting as the Maxxair 2.No problems with with water getting in on them at all.

The thing I like about the Maxxair 2 is the pin/hinged mounting like my Fanmate,it makes opening,cleaning or replacing the vent lid easy. The original has a bolt down mounting,much harder to open for maintenance.

If I ever have to replace my old ones,more than 10 years old now and in perfect shape,I would opt for the Maxxair 2 for the pin/hinge mounting for that reason, they are also about 3 inches longer and have a larger opening for better airflow like my Fanmate
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

silverbullet555
Explorer
Explorer
IB853347201 wrote:
Maxxair vent covers work great, as advertised. We have used them on all of our vents in every MH's since 1996. They have never leaked.
I would not own a RV without Maxxair covers.
I would highly recommend you put them on all roof vents. A cheap investment for great water intrusion protection.

Any feedback on the model 1 vs model 2?
Torklift mounts
Torklift superhitch

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
Maxxair vent covers work great, as advertised. We have used them on all of our vents in every MH's since 1996. They have never leaked.
I would not own a RV without Maxxair covers.
I would highly recommend you put them on all roof vents. A cheap investment for great water intrusion protection.
2010 Suncruiser