cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Military grade aluminum LOL

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
Watch this Troy then ask yourself if this is what you want your next truck made out of!

Ford Tough NOT!

Don
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.
75 REPLIES 75

steve-n-vicki
Explorer
Explorer
some one is getting their panties in a wad, several years ago I drove a tri axle dump truck , guess what? it had and aluminum bed with a liner in it , it would withstand b stone being dumped into it with out denting or holes being poked into it , the whole time I drove it, it would cube out before it grossed out , so put a liner in the bed and solve the dent and puncture problem , I was a fleet manager of a little over 100 trucks and about 25 pieces of heavy equipment, I can tell you what light duty trucks held up and which ones did not

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
Bird Freak wrote:
1jeep wrote:
ronharmless wrote:
Perrysburg Dodgeboy wrote:
Watch this Troy then ask yourself if this is what you want your next truck made out of!

Ford Tough NOT!

Don
What you going to do when Dodge starts building their trucks out of aluminum? Forget you made all these snarky comments for the last two years?

it will be made from special Italian cummins aluminum! Far superior to anything ford or chevy can produce.
I think you are both wrong. Im not sure Fiat will even be around then considering the debt they have and cannot pay. With China in deep negotiations to buy them out it will be Chinese alumn. with a Chinese running gear if they are still building Rams.
Lets also remember this thread was not started as a GM vs Ford deal but just by the insecure Fiat guys to try to bash Ford again. What are you boys going to try to be proud of when your brand no longer exist?:S

On edit here I just want it to be clear my remarks do not include all Ram owners. Just the little boys that are always trying to start Ford or GM threads just to try to bash them. They know who they are.

Tweet Tweet little bird try to keep up to date lol.

Guangzhou Automobile Group (GAC) has denied rumors that it would acquire a majority share in Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, a move that would likely involve purchasing large quantities of shares on the stock market (unless the founding Agnelli family was willing to sell, in a reversal of its past policy). Link So let me ask you what do you think of Volvo? You guys do know it is now owned by Zhejiang Geely Holding Group a Chinese company right. They now are build very good cars again after Ford all but killed them! I know because we bought my DD a 2001 S-80 that was the biggest pile of junk I have ever owned!

BTW, you won't find one post of me bashing GM, why because they don't build junk. Every last Ford I have ever owned was in the dealership more then the road. The longest I ever owned a Ford was three years and that was only because Ford replaced the junk 3.0 V6. Only auto company I ever sued was Ford. Not one time did I ever think about suing over any of my Chrysler products and I started buying Chrysler's long before I went to work for them. Traded our Aerostar in on a Plymouth Grand Voyager and never looked back at Ford again.

Don

Oh ronharmless if Ram is stupid enough to build a pick up truck box out of aluminum and not providing protection for the bed. Like oh I don't know a bed liner, plastic or sprayed. I will be the first to post who dumb they are. Good God a empty tool box put a hole in the bed! What do you think will happen if something slides forward and hits the front of that box! But I'm sure it would be the fault of the owner right?

Talk about Fan Boys! You clowns can't even admit Ford screwed up big time here! LMAO
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well, just for kicks and giggles...

The new 2017 Ridgeline had a similar Test with rock dropping and the bed fared better than either of these two... No dents or scratches... Plastic beds.....the future of truck beds :B

Thanks!

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

It’s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
NC Hauler wrote:
DANG!!!:E..So even those of us who said nothing negative about Ford, it appears as though you're actually hoping we who own a Chevy/GM or Ram may have a wreck and WILL have to be cut out of our trucks with feet and legs mangled..Just my perception of your statement...Pretty sick to the point of being hateful and spiteful, over something as silly as talking about truck beds?!? Who really cares??...Every brand gets slammed in these forums, but very few talk about someone needing to be cut out of their truck with morbid injuries to their feet and legs.....it's gotten that bad:?

Jim

Never said I wanted it to happen or implied it. Simply said a person had my sympathy if it did happen. And would surely hope there was no fire if a person's legs were trapped.

gopherslayer
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
Denny & Jami wrote:
That's a stupid test,nobody in their right mind would do that to any truck. I used trucks for work for years and would never load something that way.

I own a F350 SD and a F150 and the F150 is a car truck when compared to F350.

Denny

Yep! That's what I said in the other thread. Stuff only gets loaded like that in a dump truck. Anyone that loads like that deserves what they get! A bedliner will protect some from that kind of damage, but any person with half a brain would never dump a load of bricks into any pickup truck bed. And when you are buying bricks, they are to use for building purposes and you don't want them damaged!

Or you are using them for fill.

I picked up a load of river Rock for landscaping last year. Loader dumped it in the bed of my Silverado. 1400#s worth.

Cinder blocks 4 high filled up my bed and then some. Boss wanted them saved so I hauled them in my truck, over 400 of them.

I use my truck. It ain't pretty but it owes me nothing since bought new in 03. As far as AL bodies, I wish them luck. Paint problems and corrosion will be great when plunking down 40-50k on a truck. I'm sure body shops are cringing on having to fix and paint them. We will see if the mfgs stand by their warranties.

Anybody remember the paint from the late 80s to mid 90s?

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III

Ford Tough NOT!

Don

OK Don Juan... :B I'm sure the F150 will continue to be a great truck that's built in America by an American company. If I were to buy a new .5 ton today it would be without a doubt a F150.

Bed Meets Rock

BTW... All my previous trucks and my current truck has a heavy rubber bed mat to protect the bottom of the bed. :W
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
The only people who dump stuff like that in their truck usually are doing it when the outside of the truck is looking like the inside of those beds.

I'm no Ford guy, but that is a lame commercial GM.

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
The ram boys have serious inferiority issues
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
1jeep wrote:
ronharmless wrote:

Ford Tough NOT!

Don
What you going to do when Dodge starts building their trucks out of aluminum? Forget you made all these snarky comments for the last two years?

it will be made from special Italian cummins aluminum! Far superior to anything ford or chevy can produce.
I think you are both wrong. Im not sure Fiat will even be around then considering the debt they have and cannot pay. With China in deep negotiations to buy them out it will be Chinese alumn. with a Chinese running gear if they are still building Rams.
Lets also remember this thread was not started as a GM vs Ford deal but just by the insecure Fiat guys to try to bash Ford again. What are you boys going to try to be proud of when your brand no longer exist?:S

On edit here I just want it to be clear my remarks do not include all Ram owners. Just the little boys that are always trying to start Ford or GM threads just to try to bash them. They know who they are.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
I was thinking maybe the GM used blocks with the corners knocked off. Tests are usually a joke.
chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer

Ford Tough NOT!

Don

This coming from a guy who has a 3.0L V6 diesel. That's bold dude.

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
BB_TX wrote:
You Ram and GM boys need to review the crash test before denouncing the "military grade aluminum" Ford.

Pickup crash test.

Measures taken from the crash test dummy in all but the F-150 indicated a likelihood of serious lower leg, ankle and foot injuries.

"Drivers in these pickups would need help freeing their legs from the wreckage following a small overlap crash.

My sympathies when they are trying to free your feet and legs from the wreckage of your trucks with a poor rating.

Just an observation here but I saw the new f 150s took more of a pounding than my Ram in the last 2 hail storms here in Wylie Texas.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
I would like to see the test repeated with a spray-in bed liner.
Because that is what my next truck will have.

Or have the bed liner people already done a demo?

ib516
Explorer II
Explorer II
The bricks demo was pointless. Who would do that? The toolbox demo though - I've had that type of impact in my truck bed (when I owned a truck) many many times. I'd be very angry if that caused a hole. Can you imagine the repair cost? $$$
Prev: 2010 Cougar 322QBS (junk)
02 Dodge 2500 4x4 5.9L CTD 3.55
07 Dodge 3500 4x4 SRW Mega 5.9L CTD 3.73
14 Ram 2500 4x4 Crew 6.4L Hemi 4.10
06 Chevy 1500 4x4 E-Cab 3.73 5.3L
07 Dodge 1500 5.7L Hemi 3.55 / 2010 Jayco 17z
All above are sold, no longer own an RV

wing_zealot
Explorer
Explorer
Hey DodgeBoy I fail to see why you are posting a Chevy vs. Ford thread. Why you all fired up on the Chevy "high strength steel" vs. the Ford aluminum? Are you trying to falsely some how by comparison claim Ram must be similarly better than Ford? You could possibly make that comparison if Ram body panels didn't suffer from premature rust through. As it is now, the Ram body panels will rust through and fall off long before the Ford dents even become a concern.