cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Military grade aluminum LOL

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
Watch this Troy then ask yourself if this is what you want your next truck made out of!

Ford Tough NOT!

Don
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.
75 REPLIES 75

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
I have driven all three and only one of them wanted to pop into reverse all by itself and try to crush me. They fixed that problem by giving out a sticker to put on the dashboard that said shut it off before getting out. One of the three was also hugely responsible for souring the American buyer on diesels and had to resort to a Japanese engine. The other of the three went with an actual truck engine and that type of engine is being built for a Japanese pick up. 🙂

Bedlam
My folks also just sold their 2004 S80 this year with no problems since new. They replaced it with something that has AWD or would still own it.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Fordlover
Explorer
Explorer
Perrysburg Dodgeboy wrote:

So let me ask you what do you think of Volvo? You guys do know it is now owned by Zhejiang Geely Holding Group a Chinese company right. They now are build very good cars again after Ford all but killed them! I know because we bought my DD a 2001 S-80 that was the biggest pile of junk I have ever owned!

The first generation Volvo S-80 was conceived, designed, engineered, sourced, and built in the mid to late 1990's (introduced in late 1997 for 98). That's BEFORE Ford acquired Volvo in late 1999. But don't let reality get in the way of your imagined timeline, you don't seem to let facts affect your positions any other day.

We had a 2004 Volvo S40 that was a great car for 100K miles, but I know Ford can't take any credit because it was also designed long before Ford owned Volvo.
2016 Skyline Layton Javelin 285BH
2018 F-250 Lariat Crew 6.2 Gas 4x4 FX4 4.30 Gear
2007 Infiniti G35 Sport 6 speed daily driver
Retired 2002 Ford Explorer 4.6 V8 4x4
Sold 2007 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST19CK

1jeep
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wow im sensing some real hostility here, some of you guys need to relax. So YOU had bad luck with one brand, some of us have had very good luck. My past 2 trucks were brand "X" very reliable, prior 4 trucks were from brand "D" and "T" not so good for me. Hey its a gamble when you buy a vehicle or anything mechanical.

Im glad your in love with your ram, enjoy it, you paid for it! AS for this commercial, it is no worse than when ford picked apart the new tundra because the frame had some flex. They, manufacturers need to come up with something to make their product look superior.

I wish ford the best of luck with this, I truly hope it works out with the super duty, I wouldn't sign up to be a product tester though.
2016 Ford F350 crew cab dually 6.7 platinum with heavy tow and 4:30 gears
2015 Carbon 327 with a BMW k1600 and Canam 1k inside

alexleblanc
Explorer
Explorer
ROBERTSUNRUS wrote:

🙂 Hi, you remind me of a guy I met decades ago who said he didn't like Fords and that his experience with Chevys was much better. When I asked about his experiences with these two brands of cars, this is what he told me. "My first car was a Ford. It was twenty years old and very troublesome. I paid $50.00 for it." "My next car was a Chevy; It was two years old and problem free. I'll be making payments on the Chevy for three more years." You remind me of this guy every time you cry about your Ford experiences.

Wow really, we have never met and all of my Ford's were brand new and cost me and my wife a lot of hard earned money. The fact that Ford took my money and sold me junk gives me the right to "cry about my Ford experiences". Just like people do about their experiences or their bothers, uncle's sister neighbor :W. You do know if you don't like a post you can just scroll right on by it don't you.

Don

I'm sorry, but I fail to see how a bad design or overall quality of product from an era long ago has any relevance to the product available now. Name the brand that you like, they have all had era's of junky or problematic products, and if we all had your mentality what the heck would we be driving?

Ford, Dodge, GM and the rest have all produced junk at one point or another.
TV - 2017 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7 + 5er - 2021 Grand Design Reflection 311 BHS + B&W Companion
On Order - 2022 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
jerem0621 wrote:
Well, just for kicks and giggles...

The new 2017 Ridgeline had a similar Test with rock dropping and the bed fared better than either of these two... No dents or scratches... Plastic beds.....the future of truck beds :B

Thanks!

Jeremiah

As long as they do the drop test when it is below freezing maybe?lol

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
ROBERTSUNRUS wrote:

🙂 Hi, you remind me of a guy I met decades ago who said he didn't like Fords and that his experience with Chevys was much better. When I asked about his experiences with these two brands of cars, this is what he told me. "My first car was a Ford. It was twenty years old and very troublesome. I paid $50.00 for it." "My next car was a Chevy; It was two years old and problem free. I'll be making payments on the Chevy for three more years." You remind me of this guy every time you cry about your Ford experiences.

Wow really, we have never met and all of my Ford's were brand new and cost me and my wife a lot of hard earned money. The fact that Ford took my money and sold me junk gives me the right to "cry about my Ford experiences". Just like people do about their experiences or their bothers, uncle's sister neighbor :W. You do know if you don't like a post you can just scroll right on by it don't you.

Don

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
ROBERTSUNRUS wrote:
Watch this Troy then ask yourself if this is what you want your next truck made out of!

Ford Tough NOT!

Don

🙂 Hi, where's the drop test on the Dodge??????

????????the Ram has a steel bed not aluminum.

ROBERTSUNRUS
Explorer
Explorer
Bird Freak wrote:
1jeep wrote:
ronharmless wrote:

Ford Tough NOT!

Don
What you going to do when Dodge starts building their trucks out of aluminum? Forget you made all these snarky comments for the last two years?

it will be made from special Italian cummins aluminum! Far superior to anything ford or chevy can produce.
I think you are both wrong. Im not sure Fiat will even be around then considering the debt they have and cannot pay. With China in deep negotiations to buy them out it will be Chinese alumn. with a Chinese running gear if they are still building Rams.
Lets also remember this thread was not started as a GM vs Ford deal but just by the insecure Fiat guys to try to bash Ford again. What are you boys going to try to be proud of when your brand no longer exist?:S

On edit here I just want it to be clear my remarks do not include all Ram owners. Just the little boys that are always trying to start Ford or GM threads just to try to bash them. They know who they are.

Tweet Tweet little bird try to keep up to date lol.

Guangzhou Automobile Group (GAC) has denied rumors that it would acquire a majority share in Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, a move that would likely involve purchasing large quantities of shares on the stock market (unless the founding Agnelli family was willing to sell, in a reversal of its past policy). Link So let me ask you what do you think of Volvo? You guys do know it is now owned by Zhejiang Geely Holding Group a Chinese company right. They now are build very good cars again after Ford all but killed them! I know because we bought my DD a 2001 S-80 that was the biggest pile of junk I have ever owned!

BTW, you won't find one post of me bashing GM, why because they don't build junk. Every last Ford I have ever owned was in the dealership more then the road. The longest I ever owned a Ford was three years and that was only because Ford replaced the junk 3.0 V6. Only auto company I ever sued was Ford. Not one time did I ever think about suing over any of my Chrysler products and I started buying Chrysler's long before I went to work for them. Traded our Aerostar in on a Plymouth Grand Voyager and never looked back at Ford again.

Don

Oh ronharmless if Ram is stupid enough to build a pick up truck box out of aluminum and not providing protection for the bed. Like oh I don't know a bed liner, plastic or sprayed. I will be the first to post who dumb they are. Good God a empty tool box put a hole in the bed! What do you think will happen if something slides forward and hits the front of that box! But I'm sure it would be the fault of the owner right?

Talk about Fan Boys! You clowns can't even admit Ford screwed up big time here! LMAO

🙂 Bob 🙂
2005 Airstream Safari 25-B
2000 Lincoln Navigator
2014 F-150 Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer
Yamaha 2400

ROBERTSUNRUS
Explorer
Explorer
ronharmless wrote:

Ford Tough NOT!

Don
What you going to do when Dodge starts building their trucks out of aluminum? Forget you made all these snarky comments for the last two years?

🙂 Hi, kind of like when Dodge bragged about not having to use DEF.
🙂 Bob 🙂
2000 Lincoln Navigator
2014 F-150 Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer
Yamaha 2400

ROBERTSUNRUS
Explorer
Explorer
Fordlover wrote:
I'd like to see more than ~3 seconds of partial shots of the GM bed (and why a second or two of the outside ?WTF? other than to avoid more shots of the damage). Tricky photog work does not impress me.

🙂 Hi, exactly. All trickery from the liars at GM. I saw rounded corners on the GM load, but you can't see the Ford load. Also did you notice there were two tool boxes. The one used in the Ford had the bottom re-inforced with plate steel. You could see in the video how much harder the (heavier) box hit in the Ford. Also how did concrete blocks make such sharp cuts into the Ford bed? This is all BS.
🙂 Bob 🙂
2000 Lincoln Navigator
2014 F-150 Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer
Yamaha 2400

ROBERTSUNRUS
Explorer
Explorer
As I posted in the other thread "I have hauled two loads of stone dropped in the bed by a skid loader and three loads of mulch also dropped in by a loader. Not a single dent or hole in my bed.

I bought a truck to use it to haul things in. Looks like the Blue Oval gang can't do that with their trucks. Aluminum has it's uses in a truck just not in the bed! Maybe Ford will go back to a steel bed when they add their baby diesel. BTW you guys do know Ford is going all aluminum in their HD trucks also right! Looks like they will need to rethink that idea, at lest for the bed."
link to other thread

My bet is Ford will very quickly switch back to steel in the bed, if not they will be losing a whole lot of sales.

🙂 Hi, not Aluminum, but I have had several loads of rocks in my truck without dents too.
🙂 Bob 🙂
2000 Lincoln Navigator
2014 F-150 Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer
Yamaha 2400

ROBERTSUNRUS
Explorer
Explorer

Ford Tough NOT!

Don

🙂 Hi, where's the drop test on the Dodge??????
🙂 Bob 🙂
2000 Lincoln Navigator
2014 F-150 Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer
Yamaha 2400

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
What was the thickness of that box Steve? A whole lot thicker than what Ford is using, but lets not let facts get in the way here or anything. Try comparing apples to apples here lol!

OK no one would dump those blocks into the bed of any truck. But if I were making that commercial I would drop #2 stone, BTW the same stone that was dumped in my truck. Not one single dent but yes the bucket was about mid point to the cab not as high as what was in the GM ad.

The other thing they should have done (GM) was loaded a pallet of those blocks in to the trucks then just knocked one or two off and see what happens. Hell if a empty tool box punched a hole in the bed, one of those blocks sure would. Point is you don't make a pick up truck BOX out of aluminum and then market as "Built Ford Tough" or "Military Grade Aluminum".

As for the crash test comments, that has nothing to do with the again "Military Grade Aluminum" but the fact that the front wheel is designed to fold sideways protecting the floor board! Great job on Ford's part and you can bet GM/Chevy and Ram will be copying it.

Don

The thing I find funny is the other post about this the OP was never called names but if Perrysburg Dodgeboy dares post anything showing a design flaw (and that is what this is) than I'm a "little boy" or part of the "Ram Mafia". But when Troy and a few others post smack about Ram or GM/Chevy it's all good? Whatever.