cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving a small TT with this..

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
Other than the review shown at the link, does anyone have any personal experience with this item. My problem is I have a bit of a restricted "S" bend to get the trailer into it's off season parking spot. I'd like to hold off buying a front mounted hitch if this thing works. It would be on hard grass and I can always lay down some small sheets of plywood to prevent sinking. Also, it's a flat area, no running away. Thanks.
Trailer mover.
12 REPLIES 12

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
I move my goose neck stock trailer, dump trailer , and my previos TT around with my tractor. Works for me. Another RVer installed ahitch on his riding lawn mower & said it worked great for lighter TTs.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
As stated above, I would just put a receiver on the front of the truck. Much easier, safer, and probably cheaper. Don't even need a 4WD vehicle to use one.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you have a 4 wheel drive tow vehicle, add a receiver to the front of it. I can push just about any trailer anywhere I want to.
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
the_happiestcamper wrote:
I have this:
It pushes and pulls my camper and boat around the yard. It will still bog down in grass if either one has sat for awhile. I'm skeptical that yours could handle grass.

Mind you, what I got cost about $1200 - but it sure saves arguing with the wife putting the camper down the narrow side of the house to get to the back yard.

Ow, that is a bit expensive, but there's a price for everything, thanks for the photo.

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
WyoTraveler wrote:
They have electric motorized ones.

Ya, been there, done that with the electric one. It had one drive wheel and 2 caster sized wheels at the opposite end. Didn't get any traction on that model. I'm hoping this one might do it as it has all the tongue weight directly on the tandem rubber tires.

the_happiestcam
Explorer
Explorer
I have this:

It pushes and pulls my camper and boat around the yard. It will still bog down in grass if either one has sat for awhile. I'm skeptical that yours could handle grass.

Mind you, what I got cost about $1200 - but it sure saves arguing with the wife putting the camper down the narrow side of the house to get to the back yard.
Me ('62), DW ('61), DS ('97), DS ('99), DD ('03)
2003 Yukon XL 2500 8.1L 4.10 axle
2010 Dutchmen 28G-GS

CG's we've been to

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
It says it's rated for #1500 tongue weight... I don't think it'll work too well on anything but a paved surface IMO.. Ever try running a hard wheeled wheelbarrow over grass with a load in it?? Not fun... 😉

Good luck!

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

belairbrian
Explorer
Explorer
Fisherman wrote:
robsouth wrote:
5000 lbs weight limit. Hand cranked? Does this fit your weight and strength needs?

Trailer weighs about 3500lbs when empty, no water, batteries, etc. One other website I found says you can power it with a 12" drill.

When I follow the link in the first post I get a unit with a 1500 lb capacity???
TV 2007 Chevy 2500 Long Box Vortec 8.1/Allison or 2016 Tundra Crew Max 5.7L 4x4
2022 Freedom Express 192RBS
Equalizer 4 way WDH, Prodigy 3 BC
USAF Retired
WAR EAGLE

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
robsouth wrote:
5000 lbs weight limit. Hand cranked? Does this fit your weight and strength needs?

Trailer weighs about 3500lbs when empty, no water, batteries, etc. One other website I found says you can power it with a 12" drill.

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
They have electric motorized ones.

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

SprinklerMan
Explorer
Explorer
All depends on the size of the trailer . I have one and move small single axel trailers , I wouldnt even try on a larger or dual axle trailer.