cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

MSRP data for new vehicle, consumer's reports

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
the last time I ordered a truck I used/paid for a CR spec sheet. the prices listed, costs, sales price were identical to those at the dealer. IIRC one vehicle cost me so much and a little less for a second unit. can't find a web site where I can obtain this, what I found was a statement for $13 more with an annual subscription. don't want that.
does anybody have an idea where I can request this. will look in a
CR magazine next time I am near a source.
bumpy
9 REPLIES 9

DakotaDad
Explorer
Explorer
Cars.com will let you build a vehicle with the options you want, and show you both MSRP and invoice prices for that vehicle. I wouldn't take it as gospel without more verification, but it's been accurate on the last couple of vehicles I've bought.
Jason, Angie, and our boys, Sean (13) and Liam (8)
Now with Radar and Daisy, both Boston Terriers. Missing Artemus the Labrador, gone on ahead.
2016 Ram 3500 CC Big Horn - 6.7 Cummins - B&W RVK3600 hitch
2015 Palomino Sabre 33RETS Platinum fifth wheel

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I checked out the NADA site and it had invoice/list prices. really need a brochure to figure out packages/levels/etc. I had previously tried to check out truecar but got to a point where I had to enter my name/address/etc. for the dealer's information so backed out.

filled out the trucar information and it took 16 minutes to get a call.:)
bumpy

gmcsmoke
Explorer
Explorer
truecar is really good and depending on what brand if you look at their supplier price page it should show MSRP/invoice as well. all those websites won't have the same invoice price but you can get pretty close but looking at the trend.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the leads. I figure I will tolerate $300 over the "invoice" price and limit the "processing fee * not required by law ๐Ÿ™‚ to $100.
bumpy

Mesteve
Explorer
Explorer
Ray & June wrote:
Look at "Fightingchance.com"

I've used them three times and saved thousands below invoice each time, except on my 2013 CRV which was in such demand it took them 3 weeks just to get my order. Even then I was just under invoice.

It costs about $40+ depending on the number of vehicles you're interested in, but the education you get is worth 10 times that amount.

The website has lots of good info for free, so you have nothing to lose.

I second fighting chance, but i have always paid less than what his offer spreadsheet came out to...
2016 Ram 3500 MegaCab Dually w/ Hijacker sliding hitch
2017 Raptor 425TS

Ray___June
Explorer
Explorer
Look at "Fightingchance.com"

I've used them three times and saved thousands below invoice each time, except on my 2013 CRV which was in such demand it took them 3 weeks just to get my order. Even then I was just under invoice.

It costs about $40+ depending on the number of vehicles you're interested in, but the education you get is worth 10 times that amount.

The website has lots of good info for free, so you have nothing to lose.
Sold the house, retired, and full timing. 15 years of dreams come true!

2015 Itasca 33C, Black Garnet
2013 Honda CRV EXL toad
Roadmaster Sterling all terrain tow bar
Roadmaster Tow Shield
Roadmaster Guardian
SMI "Stay-in-Play" Brake system
ISL "Toad Charge"

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
You can go free to nada.com, edmunds.com, kbb.com, etc and see msrp and invoice price for base and all options.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking to "assemble" one that has all of the goodies that I want and find the dealer"cost" as given in the CR report, before I haunt the various dealers
bumpy

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Do you not trust the MSRP on the window?
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE