cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Must be some strong stabilizers

Mysanity
Explorer
Explorer
Saw this travel trailer in my town the other day. Who says you can't use regular stabilizers as levelers??? Looks like it's been like that for quite awhile.

8 REPLIES 8

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
joshuajim wrote:
One thing for sure... No one is going to steal it!

No - they stole the wheels... ๐Ÿ™‚

If you put a straightedge along the TT (on the image), it appears that it is sagging in the middle. Reverse camber on a frame is not a good thing.

joshuajim
Explorer II
Explorer II
One thing for sure... No one is going to steal it!
RVing since 1995.

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
The problem with the trailer in the picture is that if a gust of wind comes up from behind, or hits the front just right, the trailer can move forward or backward, and tip over the jacks. They really do need the tires on this thing. Hopefully the owner was just out getting new rubber? and will put the tires back soon.

Anyway if I where living in it without tires, I would lower it to the ground, so I did not have such a tall step in height.

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks like I see jack stands under the axles!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
Nothing wrong with the actual "stabilizers" doing that.. Looks like the old BAL scissor jacks that are rated for #5000 EACH... ๐Ÿ™‚

I've got 4 of them myself and they have no problem lifting the trailer by just cranking on the screw with the manual handle..

Now, I wouldn't want to leave it up in the air like that, without the trailer tires on it at all... That's a lot longer trailer than mine, and I wouldn't do that with mine for any longer than it takes to put some jack stands under the frame near the axles..

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Another mystery would be if the door still opens. I'd bet that it doesn't.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
We call them stabilizers but they are usually 5000 lb jacks. They will lift a trailer with ease, but the weak lightweight frames will take a beating. I'll bet that many folks take a considerable amount of weight off the wheels and place it on the corners. We often read posts where people give it another turn after tight.

Oldenuftoknowbe
Explorer
Explorer
Impressive! I'll bet the new stabilizers wouldn't hold up.
2016 Starcraft Launch UltraLite 26BHS w/Pro-Series WDH
2013 Ford F-150 Supercrew 5.0L W/factory tow package