cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My driver seat has had it. Replacements?

pezvela
Explorer
Explorer
Since my wife and I live out of our TC for 2.5 months each summer, we spend a considerable amount of time in the cab of our truck.

My truck is a 2000 F350 with the XLT (not Lariat) trim package. We've got 210k miles on it. We have bucket seats or captain's chairs up front; not sure of the distinction but it's not a bench and we have arm rests to the inside, not on the outside.

My driver's seat, particularly, has become unsupportive on one side and this has been causing me great problems with my back. I've tried some cushioning and it helps but, ultimately, the uneven spring support is difficult to rectify, evenly, with cushions or gels.

What are my options for possibly replacing my seat? Or can seats be resprung? Dont really want to consider a junkyard for a 14 year old seat. I'd like something that can bolt right in with few alterations. Are there aftermarket sources?

Thank you in advance for any tips.
18 REPLIES 18

mooring_product
Explorer
Explorer
Fromm 99-2007 the front bolt pattern was the same..I even think the 2008-10 were also the same but Im not sure.

I purchased newer seats off craigslist when My 03 lariat Seats started to crack.

Look at Ebay.

F250 Seats
Pete
2012 RAM 3500 Mega DRW. Stable Loads and Torklift tiedowns.
2006 Lance 881 Max.

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
Just because you don't have a Lariat does not mean Ford was short on your seats. I have a 2006 Lariat with 56K on it and the front drivers seat is starting to crack.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check with the wrecking yards. They will know what is bolt in and what is not. But like Chuck said any good upholstery shop can rebuild them for you.

Turbo_Diesel_Du
Explorer
Explorer
Seems a decent auto upholstery shop should be able to rebuild your seat to your specs, weight etc. JMHO
charles weidman