Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name this location

1mtnman
Explorer II
Explorer II
">NANETHIS

The winter doldrums have set in so lets have some fun!

Name this location
70 REPLIES 70

cewillis
Explorer
Explorer
Shawnee Mission, Kansas ? Not exactly a town, but close.
Cal

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
GoinThisAway wrote:
At 1500 +/- feet I doubt that westerners would consider Cadillac Mountain much more than a hill but it's the highest point on the Atlantic coast of the U.S.

Now my turn. In what city and state would one find the statue below?

You're right about the height of Cadillac Mountain ... as our home here in CA sits at around 1800 feet ... that we obviously have to travel up to several times a month. However as a side note, we were furtunate in that just a little later in the trip after traveling up Cadillac Mountain our motorhome's tranny started to act up (thousands of miles from home) while climbing a steep grade to a camp ground. To make a long story short, the problem was just due to low tranny fluid from a leak around a pressure check screw in the tranny case that hadn't been fully screwed in!

Via tricky Internet searching and head scratching I started to find out about that statue in your photo ... but I quit ... thinking that was cheating cuz the idea of this thread should be to name places where one has actually traveled to in their RV!
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

GoinThisAway
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, pnichols, that was quite a trip you made! There were two cruise ships anchored in the harbor the day we visited and I remember it was cold and windy up on the mountain. At 1500 +/- feet I doubt that westerners would consider Cadillac Mountain much more than a hill but it's the highest point on the Atlantic coast of the U.S.

Now my turn. In what city and state would one find the statue below?

Hint: The name of the statue refers to the city in which it stands and it is a tribute to the tribe after which the state was named.
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4
Torklift/Fastguns/Hellwig/StableLoads

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
GoinThisAway wrote:
I think I've got this one as we were just there this past fall too! Looking down at Bar Harbor, ME, and Frenchman Bay from the top of Cadillac Mountain in Acadia National Park.

Right you are!

We were there this fall taking in the beautiful Northeast on a long RV trip from California. We climbed all the way to the top of Cadillac Mountain in our RV, parked, and took several photos. A cruise ship just happened to be in the harbor that day. This is just one of several spectacular places we visited while meandering all the way there and back over 11 weeks and 10,000+ miles.

GoinThisAway
Explorer
Explorer
I think I've got this one as we were just there this past fall too! Looking down at Bar Harbor, ME, and Frenchman Bay from the top of Cadillac Mountain in Acadia National Park.
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4
Torklift/Fastguns/Hellwig/StableLoads

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
Since we're Class C owners, I guess I'm in the wrong forum. However you guys talk about very interesting things here ... and I couldn't resist jumping in on this thread!

This place we ran across on a long RV trip this fall. Our rig was parked just a few yards from where we took this photo:

CptnBG
Explorer
Explorer
Winner, winner!!! You go next!
'03 2500HD CrewCab SB 6.0 Gas 4x4
'04 Northstar Laredo SC
Bilsteins 5100
2014 1500 Silverado 5.3 Double Cab
1951 Chevy 3100
Formally OBXcamper

spacedoutbob
Explorer
Explorer
The 3 gossips in Arches National Park?

Bob in Calif.
Good Sam Club Life Member

CptnBG
Explorer
Explorer
To keep it going, you westerners will probably get this one quickly.

'04 Northstar Laredo SC
Bilsteins 5100
1951 Chevy 3100
Formally OBXcamper

CptnBG
Explorer
Explorer
The show was Northern Exposure. The picture location is in Roslyn Washington.
'04 Northstar Laredo SC
Bilsteins 5100
1951 Chevy 3100
Formally OBXcamper

slickrock_steve
Explorer
Explorer
It is in Washington State...Hint!

slickrock_steve
Explorer
Explorer
YEP!
In all it's foggy splendor!!

From a TV series, this landmark.

cewillis
Explorer
Explorer
Fort Ross
Cal

slickrock_steve
Explorer
Explorer

Ok. I'll bite!!
It is on the California Coast!

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
....well, who's next ?

:B
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou