cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 2015 Chevy dually fifth wheel wire

dennych1
Explorer
Explorer
I am going to install fifth wheel plug in bed of truck. Just want to make sure if anyone has plug installed and where it is installed. Don't want to drill hole in wrong place.
Thanks dennis
7 REPLIES 7

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Look at the instructional videos on E-Trailer. They show several different how to's on installing them. Not much to it.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

allen8106
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have any pictures of this installation they could post and/or parts list. I would like to do this too.
2010 Eagle Super Lite 315RLDS
2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD 6.6L Duramax

2010 Nights 45
2011 Nights 70
2012 Nights 144
2013 Nights 46
2014 Nights 49
2015 Nights 57
2016 Nights 73
2017 Nights 40
2018 Nights 56
2019 Nights 76
2020 Nights 68

dennych1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone I installed plug between wheel well and tailgate.
Thanks again

CoMoCo
Explorer
Explorer
If you have the factory 5th wheel wiring provision wiring you should use it. No point in buying third party products if you already have it included with your truck.
'23 Silverado High Country 3500 SRW LB D/A; '22 Cedar Creek 345IK

Dave_H_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
I installed mine forward of the left fender well and about as high as I could get it considering the room available. i don't like getting my fat body under the fifth wheel overhand to plug in.

i think it is Bargman that sells the cables in different lengths and also with a molded 90 degree end for ease of install in the limited clearance places.

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
Agreed on previous post. Somewhere just forward of the tailgate, that way you can access it through the tailgate opening, or over the tailgate, rather than needing to lean up against truck and reach it if it were near the front of the truck bed.
Bob

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've installed a couple of them in 2015 Silverados. About 10-12" above the box floor on the rear left side. Go under the truck and you can look up between the inner box side and the outer box side. I put them about 10" ahead of the tailgate opening. Lay a towel or tarp down to catch the filings from your hole saw or they will make a mess. I also painted the edge after cutting the hole. I bought the ones that just plug in between the 7 pin by the bumper and the wire that feeds it.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS