cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New lawsuit against Cummins/FCA

Travlingman
Explorer II
Explorer II
A class action suit has been filed against FCA/Cummins over diesel engines in the 2500/3500's. TFLTruck, this link explains better Filed July 3rd. Looks like the reflash kills fuel mileage.
2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah(sold)
2022 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4
49 REPLIES 49

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
AT and MT tires have more rolling resistance and the tend to weigh more than highway tread designs, so they definitely impact mileage. But in return you get better off road traction and snow performance along with a tougher tire, so to me the tradeoffs are well worth it.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
Chris yes the Michelin tires are fully siniped. Have to say they grip the road in wet conditions like none of the other tires I tried. I tried Cooper's and Yokohama's both had lossy wet traction.

Don
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Me Again wrote:
Did you have the new tires siped? Or are they highly siped OEM. Siping will kill mileage. Chris

Tool Ol Les Schwann tactics.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
ShinerBock wrote:
I wonder how bad this will effect the GM's Isuzu Duramax law suit.

You mean there is another one? I have only heard of the FCA one. In The EU , they are investigating emission cheating by FCA as regards Jeeps

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Did you have the new tires siped? Or are they highly siped OEM. Siping will kill mileage. Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
travelnutz wrote:
Mileage probably didn't drop at all because the new tires have more tread left with means a larger diameter tire which results in fewer revolutions per mile driven being shown on the odometer for the distance driven divided by the fuel used which then will show less mile per gallon numbers. Still traveled the same distance with the worn tires which had turned more times per mile due to the now smaller worn tire diameter to the road. Easily can make a 3%+ difference in hand calculated MPG's just like going to a larger diameter tire sixe does in altering perceived MPG's or actual speed driven.

That could have played some part however the truck was making 27/28 MPG @ 77 MPH just before the tire change and now I'm down to 24/25 MPG. We just did a trip to Cocoa Beach and the best I could get was 25 MPG and in the Mountains it dropped to 23 MPG :M . But the truck would make that 27 MPG @ 77 MPH new so not sure what has caused the drop in mileage.

I called GDE and they told me they have seen this on other trucks they do tunes on also, like the Colorado diesel they are testing.

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
I changed my OEM Goodyears to Cooper Discoverer A/T3s and lost almost 1 mpg. Maybe the outside diameter played some role, but in my case, I also think the Coopers, being ATs probably have more rolling resistance.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mileage probably didn't drop at all because the new tires have more tread left with means a larger diameter tire which results in fewer revolutions per mile driven being shown on the odometer for the distance driven divided by the fuel used which then will show less mile per gallon numbers. Still traveled the same distance with the worn tires which had turned more times per mile due to the now smaller worn tire diameter to the road. Easily can make a 3%+ difference in hand calculated MPG's just like going to a larger diameter tire sixe does in altering perceived MPG's or actual speed driven.
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
How many people have changed their factory tires? I went from the cactory Goodyear's to Michelin's and my mileage dropped by 2/3 miles per gallon! So good luck winning any lawsuit for loss of fuel mileage.

Don

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
goducks10 wrote:
I almost got Rammed buy a Dodge the other day. 🙂

Sounds like a personal problem! :W
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
ShinerBock wrote:

I doubt it will have any effect.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
goducks10 wrote:
I almost got Rammed buy a Dodge the other day. 🙂
Glad you were able to dodge it.

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Wild Card wrote:
Really...this is what you people have to talk about...is it Ram or Dodge Ram.

Looks like YOU are also. 😉
:B

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
2016 BMW 2.0L diesel (work and back car)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0L Ecodiesel

Highland Ridge Silverstar 378RBS