1997 Jayco 246FB Eagle Series TT
1976 Ford F-250 4wd Mercury Marauder 410 - 4V
Regular cabs. The best looking trucks.
50 REPLIES 50

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Montana requires both plates. I leave them on and never had an issue. ๐Ÿ˜„

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
Texas requires a front plate. I never had one on my Corvette and it was never an issue.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

specta
Explorer
Explorer
Utah requires a front plate, I never had one on my Mustang and it ws never an issue.

I have them on the two vehicles I own now.
Kenny
1996 Jayco 376FB Eagle Series TT

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer
Being in CA, my plate stays on the truck. Move it. Leave it. Whatever. I don't think it's the huge issue people make it out to be. Never been stopped for it.

However, the front plates on all three of my vehicles have been smashed in by inconsiderate hit-n-run a holes, so I've simply removed them. I've been stopped at least once in all three over the years, and in every case, it's never an issue or even brought up. I certainly don't lose sleep over it. If I get hassled about it, I'll deal with it then.

In the mean time, I'm not spending money on new plates and new plate brackets only to have them wrecked again.
2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's

specta
Explorer
Explorer

I got new "vintage" reflector license plate fasteners. ๐Ÿ™‚
Kenny

specta
Explorer
Explorer
I'm glad we don't have to screw with it.
Kenny

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
Longshore wrote:
It's a bit of a pain to move the plate from the TC back to the truck, but here they want to see your tag so........

Really? come on it takes 30 seconds with a phillips head screwdriver to do it
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

Longshore
Explorer
Explorer
It's a bit of a pain to move the plate from the TC back to the truck, but here they want to see your tag so........

devildog1971
Explorer
Explorer
It is simple the truck camper is considered cargo when you haul cargo you do not move your license plate to the end of your cargo. Unless you live in a state that requires plates on a T C which is very few and those states over regulate everything. Been traveling in T C since 1988 all over many times but never again to California or New York some states are just screwy
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EXCDSE Dry Bath 2007 G M C dually crew cab and 2018 Harley Davidson Limited Low

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
monkey44 wrote:
โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Maybe they don't want tolls to cut into our vacation bucks. ๐Ÿ™‚

I wish! Then I wouldnโ€™t have had to pay the $44 just to cross the GW bridge into NYC!

Her: โ€œThatโ€™ll be $44.โ€

Me: โ€œUhโ€ฆโ€ฆyou know Iโ€™m not towing that car behind me, right???โ€

Her: โ€œWelcome to NY!โ€

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
I've never been charged for photo toll when carrying the camper. Probably can't read it, and doesn't happen enough for the Toll Guys to care. Would be expensive to fix, and reset all cameras for a few campers they'd get toll.

Maybe they don't want tolls to cut into our vacation bucks. ๐Ÿ™‚
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
SoonDockin wrote:
โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆThen I read one post about toll cameras.

How does it work when the camera cannot see your tag under the camper?

Well, the one experience I had with that situation (unintentionally, Iโ€™ll add) Iโ€™d say thatโ€™s a scenario the system designers either didnโ€™t anticipate, or donโ€™t care enough about to fix.

What I was expecting was to get a bill in the mail for the toll, plus a service charge.

What happened wasโ€ฆโ€ฆ..nothing. :S

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

dhull
Explorer
Explorer
Ohio did away with the front plate this year. I transferred mine to camper!

miltvill
Explorer
Explorer
Florida only has one plate and it must be attached to the rear of the vehicle and visible at all times. On a big rig the plate is on the front of the truck with no plate on the rear of the truck. The traffic cameras must be able to read your plate.
2020 GMC Denali\Duramax 3500HD Dually Crew Cab
Sold-Trail Cruiser TC23QB