cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Mattress

ESDA
Explorer
Explorer
So we are looking for a new mattress to replace the one that came with our new trailer that has pretty much completely collapsed after about 20 uses. The size is the standard rv queen and we are looking for something pretty firm as I have a bad back. Does anyone have any recommendations for something good?
13 REPLIES 13

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Overstock.com sells nice RV mattresses at good prices. Have used them for two campers so far.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

chuck_mcgill
Explorer
Explorer
Jay Coe wrote:
Dennis12 wrote:
Your camping, use a sleeping bag

You're (not your) on the wrong subforum and not helpful. Go away.

I added a foam topper to my factory mattress (had to shorten to fit) and have been very happy with it.

When you're a bit older, Dennis12, sleeping bags won't seem as viable.

Jay_Coe
Explorer
Explorer
Dennis12 wrote:

You're (not your) on the wrong subforum and not helpful. Go away.

I added a foam topper to my factory mattress (had to shorten to fit) and have been very happy with it.
Legal disclaimer: Trust me, I know everything!

epeters
Explorer
Explorer
I assume you mean Short Queen when you say standard RV Queen. Some RV will support a standard Queen like you'd find in any Mattress place while most have the Short Queen.

We replaced ours for the same reason last fall. The foam is also too warm for us. We purchased an inner spring from Parklane (short queen by the way) and after a brief "get to know you" period, really like it.

We had the advantage of buying from a local Parklane store (they are made near us) they sell on Amazon as well. They offer a couple different inner spring versions and a foam mattress as well.
Erik

DW, DS, DD
2018 Nash 29S
2017 GMC Sierra
Retired --> 2004 Silverado Crewcab 1500
2008 Starcraft Antiqua - traded in
2003 Fleetwood Mesa - gone
Photos

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
Dennis Hoppert

patbac
Explorer
Explorer
Memory foam is too warm for us. We got Zinus Deluxe Spring mattress (pillow top) from Amazon. They have 6, 8, and 10" versions. The 10" one is very firm, good for our bad backs too...

Jackfate
Explorer
Explorer
Just bought a Sealy 9โ€ foam queen medium. I was concerned that it would be too soft. We both like it though. $349 on sale at menards. I donโ€™t toss and turn anymore.

Best of luck

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
www.verlo.com and find the nearest store to try them out.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
We bought a Dynasty foam mattress off Amazon. WE love it.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
Amazon green tea memory foam love ours

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Sleep number bed just like the one we have at home.

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
We got a Spa Sensations Gel Memory Foam mattress from Walmart. Ordered on Sunday night, delivered to our campsite by UPS on Tuesday. It was as good as our Tempurpedic, although it only lasted about 8 years. We are on our 2nd one, but 3rd RV. It cost about $200 for a queen, $300 for a king.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mattress store. Pick the one you like best.