cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Offering From Airstream - The NEST

FrankShore
Explorer
Explorer
This will be available in the Spring of 2018. Can't say I'm impressed, I don't care for the spartan interior

The NEST is rear entry, monocoque bodied, 2400 pounds, and is 16โ€™8" from hitch to tail.
2014 F-250
2014 Minnie Winnie 2351DKS (Traded In-Burnout-Use A Surge Protector!)
2015 Arctic Fox 22G (Great Trailer But Heavy - Traded In)
2018 Lance 1685 w/ Solar & 4 Seasons Package
1999 Beneteau 461 Oceanis Yacht
En Norski i en Fransk bรฅt - Dette mรฅ jeg se!
22 REPLIES 22

martinto
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and i bought one of the original AS Basecamps back in Texas. Moved from tent camping. Great entry to a TT, but just that. Moved up to a larger TT after a few years. The Basecamp had a 10 ft tent that extended off the rear. It was a great experience while we camped in the Texas Hill Country. AS quit making for a few years but have now brought it back in a different design. Now...upwards of $40K.

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
FrankShore wrote:
I don't care for the spartan interior:

I don't care for pics posted to the forum that haven't been sized correctly and force readers to scroll across the screen to see the darned things. ๐Ÿ˜ž Would be helpful if you'd resize them by inserting "width=450" or some similar value after .jpg ... like this ...

Preview before you post and you'll know beforehand what your pic(s) will look like once posted. ๐Ÿ˜‰

It all depends on how big your screen is. They look GREAT on my screen. The resized ones look tiny.
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Funny, I donโ€™t see a price. Iโ€™m guessing $35k?

Iโ€™m not impressed. Iโ€™de rather get poor gas mileage than suffer through living in something like that even for a weekend.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
I think it is the perfect TT for those who want that kind of TT.

Personally, It would be too small for us and I parted ways with the Euro looking white interior when we sold my moms house, with the 1950's kitchen, decades ago.

I have also had folks tell me that they could never live in the cramped quarters of my 25 ft. Dutchmen.

If you can tow it, afford it and it has the floor plan you like; then in my opinion it is the right TT for you.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe the moderator-wannabes could confine their โ€œcorrectionsโ€ of other members to a PM.

Why assault all of us with your bad attitude?

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think the Lil Snoozy layout is much more practical, in less length they manage to fit in a couch and significantly more storage.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

keymastr
Explorer
Explorer
I guess I don't get it. I could just sleep in the back of the truck.

kknowlton
Explorer
Explorer
Jim1521 - LOL!!!
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

Fireballsocal
Explorer
Explorer
I assume the nest will be priced at or above the Oliver fiberglass trailers. Oliver had to shut down production just a few years after getting started when the economy took a dump but they are building trailers again so I know there is a market for high end small fiberglass travel trailers. And airstream does extremely well with exploiting high end niche markets. I have no reason to believe airstream won't be successful with the nest. I however wouldn't consider it. My casita was a wonderful trailer when I had it and there are things like the noisy heater, lack of insulation, and small water tanks that airstream will be able to improve on. That being said, past the price point of a casita is where I want more luxuries like space and comfort. The nest doesn't check that box for me.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
fairfaxjim wrote:
Wow, forum WARP! Started in Travel Trailers and ended up in "Unkind Forum Technical Support"

From RV.Net Tutorials and Picture related FAQs...

"Pictures posted in the text portion of a topic are not to exceed 800 pixels width with 640 pixels the recommended width, 480 pixel height or 100kb file size..."

'Nuff said. :R
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

fairfaxjim
Explorer
Explorer
webwrangler wrote:
SoundGuy wrote:
FrankShore wrote:

I don't care for pics posted to the forum that haven't been sized correctly and force readers to scroll across the screen to see the darned things. ๐Ÿ˜ž Would be helpful if you'd resize them by inserting "width=450" or some similar value after .jpg ... like this ...

Preview before you post and you'll know beforehand what your pic(s) will look like once posted. ๐Ÿ˜‰

They look fine on my setup...different computers and monitors give varying results.

Wow, forum WARP! Started in Travel Trailers and ended up in "Unkind Forum Technical Support"
Jim & JoAnne
2016 Toyota Tundra SR5 TRD Double Cab
2004 Starcraft 11RT (Replaced by)
2011 Eclipse Milan 18CK Travel Trailer

webwrangler
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
FrankShore wrote:

They look fine on my setup...different computers and monitors give varying results.
2005 Rockwood 2104
2011 Toyota Tundra SR5 5.7L 4WD
Equalizer
Prodigy

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
FrankShore wrote:
I thought I'd sized all of them - guess not. Again, my apologies
You can edit your first post.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

FrankShore
Explorer
Explorer
Bobbo wrote:
Before we bought our Airstream, we looked inside an Airstream Basecamp. But that is all we did, look inside of it!

It's (Basecamp) actually more attractive, to my eye anyway.
2014 F-250
2014 Minnie Winnie 2351DKS (Traded In-Burnout-Use A Surge Protector!)
2015 Arctic Fox 22G (Great Trailer But Heavy - Traded In)
2018 Lance 1685 w/ Solar & 4 Seasons Package
1999 Beneteau 461 Oceanis Yacht
En Norski i en Fransk bรฅt - Dette mรฅ jeg se!