cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Ram redesign

RamGuy2500
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody heard a timeline for the new Ram redesign release date? With all this news about the new Super Duty it would be nice to hear something from FCA. Are they going to use Aluminum? What about any new engines or output upgrades? I wish they'd start some suspense or something to perk our interest.
2018 Ford F-350 XLT, 6.7 Powerstroke 😄
77 REPLIES 77

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cummins12V98 wrote:
The US Made argument went out the window years ago unfortunately with these trucks.

Buy what you want. Just don't be blinded by the BLUE OVAL. If buying BLUE be informed.

The US made argument went out the window because you choose to promote a foreign brand truck made in Mexico. Whatever floats your boat!

Blue Oval= Made in the USA by an American company. American Proud...

GM= Made in the USA and Mexico (soon to be all USA assembled) by an American company. American Proud...

Ram= Made in Mexico by a foreign company. Swallow your pride on this purchase.

So one has to ask themselves do they want to drive a foreign brand truck (ram) or an American brand truck (Ford and GM).

I'm proud enough that I'll spend my $$$$ on a truck built by Americans by an American company and I sleep well at night knowing it so I won't throw the US made truck out the window.

BYW...Don Juan sure is butt hurt! It will only get worse once the Chinese take control and it's coming.

More news on GM moving there truck production to Michigan... Link
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
Ford Man wrote:
coolbreeze01 wrote:
The Ram is so much more truck than F or GM already, we'll be OK.

I guess that is a matter of opinion!

yes it is like the belly button story, everybody has one.

chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

Ford_Man
Explorer
Explorer
coolbreeze01 wrote:
The Ram is so much more truck than F or GM already, we'll be OK.

I guess that is a matter of opinion!

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
I always find the have to buy in America argument kinda silly. Yes it creates jobs. But it doesn't mean since it's built here that it's any better. I like to buy the best product for the least amount of money. I see no point in overspending for the sake of brand loyalty.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
The US Made argument went out the window years ago unfortunately with these trucks.

Buy what you want. Just don't be blinded by the BLUE OVAL. If buying BLUE be informed.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cummins12V98 wrote:
"one engine plant in Mexico"

HMMMMMMMM, and what engine plant would that be?????????????

Taco Stroke?
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
"one engine plant in Mexico"

HMMMMMMMM, and what engine plant would that be?????????????
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:

The fact is this a LAM thread... Not a GM or Ford as some would like to spin it. Doesn't change the fact Ford trucks are the most American made trucks on the road today and GM is moving the truck production to the states. That leaves Lam trucks the only truck built in mexico that's owned by a foreign company... your move Sergio... Thank you very much! :B

I will say Sergio better get that redesign done before the Chinese take over his company. :W At least that's the rumor on the street.

Dude your the guy that posted a link about GM and then about Ram dropping dealers. So now you want to pretend that this is a Ram only thread when your called on your lies? How about this Tory another butt hurt coming!

LINK
In a move that Donald Trump called an "absolute disgrace," Ford on Tuesday announced that it will be adding a new assembly plant in Mexico.

The Detroit automaker said it will invest $1.6 billion into the facility and create 2,800 jobs by 2020, with construction expected to begin this summer.

Ford's expansion in Mexico has been expected for months, causing Republican presidential nominee Trump to repeatedly hammer the automaker.

Joe Hinrichs, president of Ford of the Americas, told CNBC that the new plant does not mean Ford is moving jobs out of the U.S.
"We're proud to be an American company," he told CNBC. "We've invested $10.2 billion here in the U.S. over the last five years and that commitment won't change even as we expand around the world."

The Mexican plant, in San Luis Potosí state, will build small cars that will be exported for sale in the U.S. and other countries, though the automaker has not decided which vehicles will be built there.

The company already has two final assembly plants and one engine plant in Mexico. It has a total of 8,800 employees there, compared with 85,000 in the U.S.

Love how they now call themselves "Ford of Americas" did you send them that spin doctor idea Fish?

Don
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
GeoBoy wrote:
jerem0621 wrote:
GeoBoy wrote:
Me Again wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:

So I'll give GM a Atta Boy... You know since I like to buy domestic trucks. LOL

New Honda Ridgeline probably has more of it's parts built in America than the big three.

The Honda Ridgeline is NOT a truck.

Yes it is...just not a truck for you....lol

Thanks!

Jeremiah

Seeing that the Ridgeline is built on a mini van chassis I can understand why you feel that way. Lol.

Dang Skippy! Its a Heck of a TV used in its capabilities... and an all around good vehicle.

I was on vacation this past week and at the condo we were at (no camper right now 😞 )there was an S10 and a Honda Ridgeline parked next to each other... there is nothing mini about a Honda Ridgeline, Chevy Colorado, or a Toyota Tacoma. Heck, the S10 was much much much smaller than my 'mini' van. But.. given that my Vans GVWR is on par with some F150's (6,000 lbs ish) there isn't much mini about a mini van.

Thanks!

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

It’s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

RamGuy2500
Explorer
Explorer
We're way off track. Somehow we've started discussing which brand is more american and all I want to discuss is the next Ram's specs and release date.
2018 Ford F-350 XLT, 6.7 Powerstroke 😄

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
What was the OP's question?

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
FishOnOne wrote:
The fact is this a LAM thread... Not a GM or Ford as some would like to spin it. Doesn't change the fact Ford trucks are the most American made trucks on the road today and GM is moving the truck production to the states. That leaves Lam trucks the only truck built in mexico that's owned by a foreign company... your move Sergio... Thank you very much! :B

I will say Sergio better get that redesign done before the Chinese take over his company. :W At least that's the rumor on the street.

Hey, if you want a truck made in the USA, you should buy a Tundra. Consistently the most domestic content since 2007...

Just saying... you all can get back to measuring whatever it is that you all are measuring...
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Me Again wrote:
Perrysburg Dodgeboy wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Me Again wrote:
icanon wrote:
And if Trump builds his wall how are you going to get your trucks over it? ??????

Driving bringing NAFTA allowed Taco 6.7 Power Strokes North.

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-6-7-discussion/147793-6-7-made-mexico.html#/forumsite/20554...

LAM leaves St. Louis for Mexico

Also don't forget all those Chrysler dealers that where forced to close during the Chrysler bail out.
Or the GM dealers that were forced to close during the GM bail out. Selective memory there Troy. Love the no response to the link I posted about your All American Company Troy.

Ford has moved it's F650/F750 plant from mexico to the US... Good Job!

Please don't confuse him with facts, he may spin complete out of control.

'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"