Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Tires - Rugged Terrain

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
All,
I see a lot questions about tires around here and after 44k miles on my factory Michelins I decided to try the BF Goodrich Rugged Terrain tires. These are 20" E rated tires. My concern with going away from the Michelins was that I would loose some fuel economy, but after a couple of 200 hundred mile trips I averaged 19.2 and 19.6 mpg so it appears my fuel economy is still respectable. Will make the pull to Florida at the end of the month so I'll get some test results soon.

'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"
5 REPLIES 5

Teamfour
Explorer
Explorer
I have the 18" version on my truck. Great tires! And a 50k mile warranty to boot!
Lee and Anne

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3.73 locker, 3,295 Payload
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 7.8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH

Bluhorn
Explorer
Explorer
These came as original equipment on my truck. They have given me great service. So much so that I am on my third set. I have gotten over 65k on each set I have replaced and no problems. Even wear across the tread and good handling. Good choice.
1993 Dodge D 250 Cummins Club Cab
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4X4 Quad Cab
2022 Palomin9 Solaire 242RB
Chance The Senior Husky

RJCorazza
Explorer
Explorer
X3. The first thing I did to my new to me 2011 F250 was to replace the tires with BFG Rugged Terrains. I have the All Terrains on my F150 and like them also, although they are louder.

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
I've always had good luck with BFG's. Hope you do too.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

4aSong
Explorer
Explorer
Good choice, I'm sure you will be very satisfied with your choice. I have them and am very satisfied.
M & N

Tundra TRD V8 4x4 w/Leer Shell
EU2000i * Prodigy * McKesh * Trek * Renogy * ENU