cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New to me camper with pics

Slackjaw
Explorer
Explorer
Picked up a '92 Lance Squire 8000 yesterday. Pretty stoked as its in excellent condition and the price was right.

The camper weighed in at 2,700 lbs on the muni scale without water in it (it was winterized). It's just going to bust 3,000 with water. It doesn't have A/C or a generator, so I saved some weight there. Interestingly, the camper placard seems to be pretty much spot on.

2015 F250 6.2L 4x4
Super hitch w/4' extension, tork lift front tie downs, fabricated rear tie downs
1992 Lance Squire 8000
30 REPLIES 30

jmcgsd
Explorer
Explorer
I know this thread is a bit old, but I'm wondering if your truck is raised at all? Looks like the camper sits pretty high off the ground with the set of steps you have going up to it.

I'm looking at a Squire 8000 now, but it's not on a truck. I presumed that the distance was not as great.

Thanks.

Joe
'09 Pacific Coachworks Tango 276RBS
95 Lance 880 Truck Camper

'91 F350 Dually 2WD CC 7.5L (76K Original miles!)
AirLift Bags, Reese Titan hitch, Rancho 9000X

805gregg
Explorer
Explorer
Why buy new? used that looks like new, and save lots of money
2003 Dodge Quad Cab 3500 SRW LB Cummins diesel, Banks Six Gun, Banks exhaust, Mag hytec deep trans pan, and Diff cover. Buckstop bumper, Aerotanks 55gal tank, airbags, stableloads Bigwig stabilizer, 2003 Lance 1071 camper, solar and generator

spacedoutbob
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations to you on your camper. As a older Lance owner I love to see nice condition older Lance Campers. May you and your family, Have many happy adventures with it.

Bob in Calif.
Good Sam Club Life Member

Farmerjon
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats!! That really is a good find. It's hard to find a nice ,sound and clean TC. as already said "you dun good"
Happy camping and traveling.
2015 F350 Lariat CC LB 4x4 DRW 6.7, 6sp auto, 3.73
2000 F350 lariat SC LB 4x4 DRW 7.3, 6sp manual 3.73
1987 F250 Lariat SC/LB 4x4 SRW 460 4sp stick 4.10
1995 Jeep wrangler
99 Star Craft 953

run100
Explorer
Explorer
As others, all I can say is WOW! What a great looking camper. Looks like there are years of life left in your rig. I wish you many happy miles ahead and years of enjoyment.
2012 F350,6.7L Diesel,4x4,CC,SB,SRW
2013 Lance 855S

exhaustipated
Explorer
Explorer
Wow! That is a good looking rig you've got sitting in the bed of your truck and it's so immaculately clean throughout. Good looking rigs like that are hard to find so enjoy it as often as you can.
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4WD LT1 Ext Cab Z71 Long Bed Vortec 6.0L V8 SFI gas.
2012 Travel Lite 960RX
Torklift frame mounted tie downs with FastGun turnbuckles and a Lock and Load maximum security cargo tray.
Timbren SES
Curt front mount hitch receiver

Reality_Check
Nomad II
Nomad II
Really clean.. classic lines, looks good on the rig. I like the extra counter space on the east side. Hadn't really noticed/seen that before.
'16 F550 CC, 4x4 with Link Ultraride air suspension, '18 AF 1150. Just so we can play with our snowmobiles, dirt bikes and fishing boat. And new 20' tag along...kayaks, bikes, mc's and extra water and food!!

tbltony
Explorer
Explorer
we have a 1978 lance 945 looks identical to yours i have build blueprints for the fraiming and eiectrical diagrams if toy need them email me ,mexatal@sbcglobal.net tony barra

robertbenita
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice camper! Makes me miss my 1998 Fleetwood Caribou! Could go anywhere and it never gave any trouble! Have fun in that nice camper!

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
Nice TC!! Great find. I think your model is the older version of my 1998 Lance 990 Legend...Does this model have a dry bath?

dakonthemountai
Explorer
Explorer
Yay for you!!! Here's to many, many happy miles and nights with your new toy! Isn't it fun??!! BTW, love the color scheme inside... and the entire rig looks to be in GREAT shape!

Cheers!
Dak
2018 GMC Denali "Extreme" and 23' EVO 2050T Travel Trailer
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

805gregg
Explorer
Explorer
Can't go wrong with Lance
2003 Dodge Quad Cab 3500 SRW LB Cummins diesel, Banks Six Gun, Banks exhaust, Mag hytec deep trans pan, and Diff cover. Buckstop bumper, Aerotanks 55gal tank, airbags, stableloads Bigwig stabilizer, 2003 Lance 1071 camper, solar and generator

P_Colahan
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice find. Looks to be in excellent shape.

We just upgraded our truck to an F350 DWR 4x4 with the 7.3L Diesel, in anticipation of purchasing our second camper. Our first was a mid 90's Fleetwood Elkhorn. Great camper, had a lot of fun. Looking to get a little bigger unit this time. Would like a Lance 1161 with the side entrance. Trying to get over the shock of writing the check on the truck first. Then add the tie downs and lastly the camper.

Again, great looking camper, enjoy. Hope we find one in as good of condition.
2003 Ford F350 DWR 4x4 7.3L
Camper TBD still shopping
1991 Bayliner 4588
2012 Endeavor 12ft RIB, Honda 4-stroke 9.9hp

JumboJet
Explorer
Explorer
You did good!