cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New trailer first oops

old_idaho_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Oh well it was bound to happen sooner or later!OOPS!
42 REPLIES 42

engine31
Explorer
Explorer
I know this guy who now has an outside kitchen who failed to close the cabinet door prior to closing the gull wing door..now there is a little gouge on the interior of that door...:S

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Look at this way: You now have your first opps behind you. The trailer now has your own "prints." Many ,more miles are now ahead without further trouble.

Mine? Bring the trailer out of the fenced side yard, without my wife to spot the right side. She told me to wait, but nooooo. Been pulling trailers for 30 years without her.

The fencepost leaned in and scrapped the two day old trailer.

No other opps in the past 8 years, but then again, my wife is ALWAYS with me.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

Beartoo
Explorer
Explorer
turbopilot51 wrote:
Try dropping a fiver on the bed of the tow vehicle! Not that I would know of course...:S

X2
DH - Bear
DW - Marge
Buster - English Springer Spaniel
Molly - English Springer Spaniel Puppy
07 Silverado 2500HD, Dmax, Allison Trany
Husky 15K
2008 Wildcat 24RL (Old Camper)
2009 Open Range 280 RLS (New)

Orcusomega
Explorer
Explorer
Just brought my new TT home on Sat, almost did the same, only in reverse. New TT is lower than the old one, so I almost bottomed out the jacks backing into the driveway... I caught it, but instead, I blocked traffic on my road for a good 20 mins while my son and I tried to figure out how to stack wood under the wheels to get it high enough to get up over the hump. Annoyed neighbors to say the least!
2013 Forest River Surveyor Select 305 SV
2011 F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD

cgjt
Explorer
Explorer
I also know a guy who pulled off the side of the road by a store and a road sign happened to scrape and dig into his awning leaving a two foot area of small holes and scrapes etc. in the awning. I think his wife told him he was too close but he knew better. It was our third trip with the new camper. Stuff happens!!!!!!!!

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
I knew a guy who once poked a hole in the awning of his new trailer by hitting the roof of his house when pulling out for a camping trip. Please don't ask me his name.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

sacmarata
Explorer
Explorer
When bringing mine home for the first time I got off the road and home with no issues. It was in the driveway that I hit the basketball goal and raked it all down the side leaving a permanent black squigly line from front to back. I never even got to show it to anyone before I scratched it.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
old idaho guy wrote:

No big deal. That is just a thin aluminum cover over the steel bumper.

Mine is the same way. I took a rubber mallet and folded the aluminum up so it no longer protrudes.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
After buying our Southwind and pulling out of the previous owners driveway, I managed to bottom it out and tear a piece out of the fiberglass bumper. :S

turbopilot51
Explorer
Explorer
Try dropping a fiver on the bed of the tow vehicle! Not that I would know of course...:S

steepgrade
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for posting that. It's a good reminder for myself and possibly others.

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
The first time I turned onto our street with the 5th wheel in tow (large dip and bulge up to the street) I ripped the rear stabilizers off and crushed one of the swivel casters. I immediately took it to the dealer and had the axles flipped, new stabilizers and heavy duty metal casters. Never had the problem since.

Markiemark32
Explorer
Explorer
old idaho guy wrote:

Markiemark
Banned member for posting Customer satisfaction maybe catching up : http://rvmiles.com/camping-world-investors-file-class-action-after-stocks-fall-60/
OK to ban per Mark F.