cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real cutie - old but new Scotty trailer on eBay

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
Not mine - just ran into it and thought I'd pass it on. It only has a few hours left!

Serro Scotty 13 foot!

If you want to see the very complete rebuild of it go here.

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics
18 REPLIES 18

Rumtan
Explorer
Explorer
I was aiming my comment to the OP, but your work looks good westend.
2013 Keystone Passport 2100RB
2015 F150 ecoboost
Fish-O-Holic;)

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Rumtan wrote:
I would like to add my congratulations on such an excellent job of refurbishing that TT. I hope you get more use out of it, than time you spent rebuilding it. You are a shinning example of anything that can be done, should be done well. You did well.
If this is directed at me, thanks. The only reason it turned out well is because I AM retro.:B
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Rumtan
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to add my congratulations on such an excellent job of refurbishing that TT. I hope you get more use out of it, than time you spent rebuilding it. You are a shinning example of anything that can be done, should be done well. You did well.
2013 Keystone Passport 2100RB
2015 F150 ecoboost
Fish-O-Holic;)

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
How can these be considered "retro" when I remember them so well from the first time around????? Hmmmmm.
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
westend wrote:
CavemanCharlie wrote:
pasusan wrote:
We had a '74 Scotty that we used for all the kids' growing up years. It was 18' - had a bathroom - and a bunk over the rear couch - no A/C. We loved it. We could take it anywhere and go without electric - didn't even need a battery. Everything ran on propane - even a light that would warm things up nicely on a cool evening. Very, very fond memories. 🙂

I also miss the simplicity of my old TT. It had a furnace but, the furnace required no electricity. It was just a flame inside a metal box that was vented to outside. The radiant heat from the box kept the camper warm. Sure wish they still made something like that.

Nuway stoves

I use a Sportsman brand. In the fall hunting season around the Canadian border where temps are sometimes -0f, these simple box stoves put out enough heat on idle to keep us comfy at night.

Looks interesting. I saved the link in case I want one some day.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
CavemanCharlie wrote:
pasusan wrote:
We had a '74 Scotty that we used for all the kids' growing up years. It was 18' - had a bathroom - and a bunk over the rear couch - no A/C. We loved it. We could take it anywhere and go without electric - didn't even need a battery. Everything ran on propane - even a light that would warm things up nicely on a cool evening. Very, very fond memories. 🙂

I also miss the simplicity of my old TT. It had a furnace but, the furnace required no electricity. It was just a flame inside a metal box that was vented to outside. The radiant heat from the box kept the camper warm. Sure wish they still made something like that.

Nuway stoves

I use a Sportsman brand. In the fall hunting season around the Canadian border where temps are sometimes -0f, these simple box stoves put out enough heat on idle to keep us comfy at night.

'03 F-250 4x4 CC

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
pasusan wrote:

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had a 1969 12 foot TT not that many years ago. I loved it. But, I wanted a bathroom.

The one I owned also had a AC modified in it. They put the unit under the dinette table and when you got to the campground you slid under the TT to remove a board for the heat to come out. It was a iffy idea. It kinda worked but, because cold air sinks and hot air rises the AC was very inefficient. The hot air could not move down out of it's compartment very well and the cold air could not move up underneath the dinette very well. By using a small fan setting undernieth the dinette to help recurlate the air that helped.

keymastr
Explorer
Explorer
Shasta is also making retro trailers. You can buy a brand new 1950's trailer. The retro scene in Cali is pretty big now. retro shasta

wincrasher65
Explorer
Explorer
What a cutie!

Essentially a brand new trailer. If I had the room for another RV, I'd buy this in a second. I think the price is fair considering the work put into this and the apparent quality of the restoration. If you've priced new small trailers lately, this is much cheaper than a T@B or similar, plus it's truly something unique and special.
2016 Winnebago Travato 59K, 2017 Allegro 32SA
Follow my blog: www.wincrasher.blogspot.com
Our Facebook group is: Class B Camper Vans

bg71361
Explorer
Explorer
I was surprised he had so few pictures.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
I dunno', DS, I like to think of my Starcraft as a '71. Anyone can own a 2012....:B
'03 F-250 4x4 CC

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Considering its a 100% rebuild, is it still considered a 1974 model, or a "replica" of a 1974 model built in 2013-2014 (whenever). Or because they are using the original frame, it's just been "remodeled" and still qualifies for an "original"? Just wondering.

That rebuild is awesome.