cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New tt huge leak

geekyguru
Explorer
Explorer
Soz.. We were camping in the gulf for two days at live oak landing. A decent storm came today. (The hurricane wont be here for another dqy or so... Anyhow here is a pic the weather...

As luck would have it .. Discovered a lot of water seeping through both sides of tt in the master bed at the from of our coach. Just our luck.

Im pretty upset with some craftsmanship. Luckily its under warranty, but i/cut our losses.. Packed up and went home
11 REPLIES 11

geekyguru
Explorer
Explorer
Crawfordville wrote:
We have a 2013 Keystone Bullet Premier and we had leaks before we even used it. Heavy rain at home and sure enough 5 windows leaked. Long story short - all is fixed, under warranty. But my point is this - I contacted Keystone and they paid me for one month's loan payment because of the inconvenience. I would rather not have had the leaks, of course.

We're going to same campground in two weeks. I can't wait.

Question - is it worthwhile to bring a golf cart there? I wasn't sure if the place was large enough.
its a pretty small place. I wouldnt waste the gas on a cart imho. There is a playground, small pool, tons of fishing trees and boats you can rent. There is a fanboat you can rent for a guided water tour.
If you like fishing... Bring rigs for big mouth bass. The damn things jump out of the water all day and night!! This is now my fav. Camping spot! By far the cleanest well kept camping i have ever seen

Crawfordville
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2013 Keystone Bullet Premier and we had leaks before we even used it. Heavy rain at home and sure enough 5 windows leaked. Long story short - all is fixed, under warranty. But my point is this - I contacted Keystone and they paid me for one month's loan payment because of the inconvenience. I would rather not have had the leaks, of course.

We're going to same campground in two weeks. I can't wait.

Question - is it worthwhile to bring a golf cart there? I wasn't sure if the place was large enough.

geekyguru
Explorer
Explorer
WoodGlue wrote:
A 2014 Keystone Bullet, right?

Why am I not too surprised?

Get that warranty work done ASAP and take it out again and test it again!

WoodGlue
have other folks been complaining about these units?

geekyguru
Explorer
Explorer
Rumtan wrote:
Please keep us posted about the result of the water damage, I have a Keystone Passport and am very curious as to what caused this leak. I have had no troubles at all with mine yet (knock on wood).

when I dropped it off for service the fella told me there is a recall for a faulty seam on the roof where it comnects to the walls... Or something to that effect. He was surprised Keystone had not contacted me. Anyhow, they believe this may have been the issue.

geekyguru
Explorer
Explorer
It was coming in from the roof.. And pooling/seeping around the edges of the unit. Not a drip from the ceiling.

love2rvcamp
Explorer
Explorer
Can't exactly tell from the picture but is the water dripping into the camper in that spot? If so is the antena crank right about it? Just a thought if the caulking around it needs to be redone and water is leaking in around it? Just a thought.
Mike and Michelle and 2 kids
2013 F250 6.2L Lariat
2008 Rockwood 8313SS
Equalizer hitch with Envoy brake controller

Rumtan
Explorer
Explorer
Please keep us posted about the result of the water damage, I have a Keystone Passport and am very curious as to what caused this leak. I have had no troubles at all with mine yet (knock on wood).
2013 Keystone Passport 2100RB
2015 F150 ecoboost
Fish-O-Holic;)

cruise-ader
Explorer
Explorer
that sucks.
We are planning to stay a couple days at that place soon.

pk1023
Explorer
Explorer
That's a heck of a campsite though, very pretty. Nothing much like that here in Indiana.

mwebber78
Explorer
Explorer
That's terrible, get it dried out quick and tell the dealer to put it inside or cover it while it waits warranty work!
2013 Jayco Eagle 334RBTS
Disclaimer for the daft: Don't confuse my opinion with facts.

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
A 2014 Keystone Bullet, right?

Why am I not too surprised?

Get that warranty work done ASAP and take it out again and test it again!

WoodGlue
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
2014 Lance 1685 - Loaded - 4 Seasons - Solar - 2 AGM's
When Hell Freezes Over - I'll Camp There Too!
Lance Travel Trailer Info - Lance 1685 Travel Trailer - Lance 1575 Trailer