cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New TV coming home next week !!!

MudChucker
Explorer
Explorer
Picking up my new 2015 RAM 3500 Mega Cab HO Diesel, Aisin transmission.

flying to Edmonton Alberta wednesday morning and driving home thursday morning.

Yeeeha!!

Dealer installed new step tubes for me, dont let the photos confuse you ๐Ÿ™‚

I cant say enough good things about the way this dealer has handled the online process.

2017 Cougar
2015 Ram 3500 Megacab 6.7 Cummins Aisin transmission
66 REPLIES 66

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Op the truck will level right out with a load so don't be too concerned. Good call on the RAM!!!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
45Ricochet wrote:
Congrats
Yet again another new Ram lately. I can't believe the amount of new Rams on this site recently.
Enjoy that beast!

It's because of all those pictures I post! Makes people want one. :B
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
campigloo wrote:
You're gonna love the way that beast pulls. Just remember to dog it. Run it hard. It will like the load!

What do you mean "dog it" ?

Kevinwa
Explorer
Explorer
What made you go all the way to Edmonton for the new truck? What dealer did you get it from? I am also curious to know the payload on a 3500 mega cab

Uramillionaire
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.adn.com/article/20160322/gas-line-project-flux-lawmakers-wait-update-gov-walker

http://m.homernews.com/homer-news/business/2016-03-24/bills-propose-adding-legislators-to-gas-line-board#gsc.tab=0

There is a glimmer of hope of a Alaska natural gas pipeline in the near future.
Why not with the low oil cost. It will make the project that much cheaper to build.

Uramillionaire
Explorer
Explorer
MudChucker wrote:
Someone say welder ?

Haha! Awesome MudChucker!
Love that your sporting the Blue too! That's why I'm going with a diesel truck so I have the capacity for the welder fuel tank and tools to run over the hills with ease.
Is that a diesel or gas welder? The 302's are some smooth running machines! Especially with the xx18's.

If they start hiring again will you send me a message.
Thx!
Galencwi on www.weldingweb.com

45Ricochet
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats
Yet again another new Ram lately. I can't believe the amount of new Rams on this site recently.
Enjoy that beast!
2015 Tiffin Phaeton Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, 45K GCWR
10KW Onan, Magnum Pure Sine Wave Inverter
2015 GMC Canyon Toad

Previous camping rig
06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
06 Grand Junction 15500 GVWR 3200 pin

texasclarks
Explorer
Explorer
Great looking truck. Once you pick it up I would love to know the cargo capacity on the TV. I have been wanting the same mega-3500 combo but wondering if the mega cab takes away much in terms of capacity.
Posts are for entertainment purposes only and should not be construed as endorsement or recommendations. YMMV!

Steven & Stacie, plus 2 ('02 & '07)
'04 Suburban 2500, Quad Seats, 8.1L, 3.73
'09 Rockwood 8313SS

Texas not just a State, but a State of mind!

MudChucker
Explorer
Explorer
Someone say welder ?

2017 Cougar

Uramillionaire
Explorer
Explorer
I'd love it if we built some pipelines for natural gas and oil. From Alaska to Canada and Canada to US. I Don't see what all the drama is to build it? It needs to happen eventually if we're going to get away from desert oil. Those guys are going to be outta oil in 10-15 years anyways.
Why wait till the last min? At least build the infrastructure and turn on the switch when it's needed. Don't get me going.....I could go on and on.
Back to the forum. Lol. When they do build more pipelines. If a guy was smart and lived outta his RV and saved up his money. They could be semi retired in a few years.

thecdnmole
Explorer
Explorer
Uramillionaire wrote:
thecdnmole wrote:
Congrats MudChucker! In hindsight I think I should have got a 3500, guess I will see this spring when I weigh things up. I almost bought a megacab from Gauthier in Wpg last fall, tons of room! Looks like they prepped it for oilfield work as it looks like the box is lined. I am heading to Sasktoon Monday, could have given you a ride half way ๐Ÿ™‚ Only got 2500 kms on mine thus far, so it will be good to put 1400 kms on the clock! Enjoy the ride home!

Great truck Mud Chucker!
It's always great to go to a 3500 from a 3/4 ton.

You mentioned the oil fields thecdnmole. Are things busy up there still?
I'm a welder / weld inspector and would love to work in CA before I retire.

Hope the truck is perfect for you MudChucker.

I think it's very slow in the patch, many lay offs, but I am outside of where the thick of it is, so just what I read on the news and friends. I would think it's just a cycle and someday it will be booming again.
2002 Titanium 29E35RL 5th, adopted Summer 2015
2015 Ram 2500, CC, SB, diesel, 9900 lb GVW

GBuilders
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Mud, congrats on the beautiful Ram! You and the family will love the Megacab it's the best and most comfortable travel TV. Here's to many safe and happy times with your family.
2005 Jayco Eagle 305 BHS 5th wheel

New truck: 2019 Ford F-250 power stroke platinum 4x4

Former truck: 2014 Ram Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4 6.7/Aisin 6 speed 3:73

thecdnmole
Explorer
Explorer
MudChucker wrote:
thecdnmole wrote:
Congrats MudChucker! In hindsight I think I should have got a 3500, guess I will see this spring when I weigh things up. I almost bought a megacab from Gauthier in Wpg last fall, tons of room! Looks like they prepped it for oilfield work as it looks like the box is lined. I am heading to Sasktoon Monday, could have given you a ride half way ๐Ÿ™‚ Only got 2500 kms on mine thus far, so it will be good to put 1400 kms on the clock! Enjoy the ride home!

Thanks for the offer!

Dealership is offsetting my travel costs so I'm bringing the family...a day at west Ed mall and a nights sleep and we burn home

Awesome and it's spring break so good timing! Have a safe drive home!!
2002 Titanium 29E35RL 5th, adopted Summer 2015
2015 Ram 2500, CC, SB, diesel, 9900 lb GVW

Uramillionaire
Explorer
Explorer
thecdnmole wrote:

Great truck Mud Chucker!
It's always great to go to a 3500 from a 3/4 ton.

You mentioned the oil fields thecdnmole. Are things busy up there still?
I'm a welder / weld inspector and would love to work in CA before I retire.

Hope the truck is perfect for you MudChucker.

MudChucker
Explorer
Explorer
thecdnmole wrote:

Thanks for the offer!

Dealership is offsetting my travel costs so I'm bringing the family...a day at west Ed mall and a nights sleep and we burn home
2017 Cougar