cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie question about power cord length

pratmaster
Explorer
Explorer
So how long of a power cord should I keep in my camper? do I really need a 100' cord, or will my heavy duty 25' be long enough?

I am trying to put together the camper with what I have, but do not want to load to much unnecessary stuff as I tend to over kill everything. Such as put 2 100' cords in the camper rather then just the 25' one.
18 REPLIES 18

pratmaster
Explorer
Explorer
Oh, I should had mentioned that I only have a 15/20 amp plug on the camper, she's old.

dockmasterdave
Explorer
Explorer
brirene wrote:
I have a 30' extension for my 30 amp service. I've only used it once in several years, but was glad I had it.

Haven't needed my extension yet, but I will keep bringing it.
2014 F 150 ecoboost
2008 Chrysler Aspen
09 Amerilite 21 (modified)
2013 Bendron 14' enclosed cargo
2011 4x8 open cargo

billtex
Explorer II
Explorer II
pratmaster wrote:
So how long of a power cord should I keep in my camper? do I really need a 100' cord, or will my heavy duty 25' be long enough?

I am trying to put together the camper with what I have, but do not want to load to much unnecessary stuff as I tend to over kill everything. Such as put 2 100' cords in the camper rather then just the 25' one.

You have a truck camper...you can move it...
2020 F350 CC LB
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella
"Good People Drink Good Beer"-Hunter S Thompson

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 30' extension for my 30 amp service. I've only used it once in several years, but was glad I had it.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

“Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard