cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Norcold Problem has me stumped

fourscoot
Explorer
Explorer
My sister has a Tahoe light hauler. It has a Norcold N611r Fridge Freezer. I have been trying to figure out what is wrong with the fridge for her. What it happening it with the fridge door closed, there is a clicking sound coming from the fridge. If you open the door the noise goes away. If you hold down the light sensor that turns the light on and off when the door is opened or closed. The light turns on and off in conjunction with the clicking sound.

Now this is the real confusing part. If a light is turned on in the trailer. Or you leave the porch light on. The clicking will stop. Im am unsure how the two would be related.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Trailer is an 07. I will call Norcold tomorrow to see if they have any suggestions as well.
3 REPLIES 3

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
HERE is a service manual with wiring diagram
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

fourscoot
Explorer
Explorer
Is the common ground in the fuse box? Or ties into the electric system at the fridge? I'll see if norcold has a wiring diagram of the fridge.

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
Bad 12V control ground connection perhaps? Back feeding through another leg of a common ground circuit.
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad