Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

North Carolina RV Dealer Show Raleigh State Fairgrounds

K_Mac
Explorer
Explorer
I am
thinking about attending the rv show...and I was just wondering if anyone has been there before?

Just a few questions...

I would be camping on site and wanted to know if anyone has stayed there before?

What is security like?

A lot of the rv shows I have been to have few or no truck campers at all, so I was hoping to see more in Raleigh. I would like to see Big Foot and Cirrus as I have a fiberglass Northern Lite.

I am also interested in seeing vendors who sell trucks mods, etc.
I have not been able to get much information on the website or by phone inquiry.
Anyone who may have attended in the past, I would appreciate your feed back.

Thanks, K Mac
15 REPLIES 15

bmet2000
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, there were a lot of truck campers. My wife even went in some, and she doesn't like truck campers. (Mainly because of the shower-toilet shoilet as she calls it). Didn't know they could put so many slides on them.
I didn't check the weight, but this one had to be heavy!

Driftwood132
Explorer
Explorer
I would have loved to go ,I had to work. Like you said so many in one place.

WVbassmistress
Explorer
Explorer
Holy Guacamole!!!! I never thought I would see this many truck campers in the same place. My head is still spinning.

The folks at D & H RV in Apex, NC had the show stoppers including a tricked out Host Mammoth with a washer/dryer in it. I never thought I would see the day!

But my husband was most impressed with the Bigfoots (as I knew he would be) The dealer that carries them is where we got our Northstar (A&M in Kitrell, NC). Nice folks that said they would gladly take the Northstar on trade. I had to drag Bobby out of there!

All in all, well worth the 5 hour drive. Kuddos to the NCRVDA.
Lisa, Bobby & Dorothy the Wonder Dog
2013 F250 crew cab/6/5 foot bed w/
Firestone airbags
2006 KZ Jag - 29 ft
Ranger Z518
22 ft Suntracker Pontoon

WVbassmistress
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, Gary.

I am really excited about seeing this many truck campers in one spot.
We had hit both A&M and D&H when we found our Northstar. Both very nice people. Glad to see they have both picked up new lines. I want my husband to check out the Bigfoots.

We went to a show here in WV this past weekend and when I told dealers I had a truck camper, they looked at me like I had horns. I told one guy he would eat his words in a few years. I was riding the wave of the future.
Firestone airbags
2006 KZ Jag - 29 ft
Ranger Z518
22 ft Suntracker Pontoon

FunTwoDrv
Explorer
Explorer
WV... the vast majority of units are inside two buildings(or at least were last year). There are units outside between the two buildings. It generally takes us a few hours to walk the show. That includes climbing in several units. It is by no means a huge show... although it is a fair representation of most types of units. Hereis the layout...

Gary

WVbassmistress
Explorer
Explorer
K Mac, you still in for the show? We have changed our minds 3 times and have settled on a quicky trip- going down early Saturday and returning Sunday. We also need to plan time for Bass Pro. BTW, on the NC RV Dealers site, you can buy discount tickets...save a buck or 2.

I have a question for those of you that have attended before. Are RV's inside and out? Do we have a HUGE territory to cover? It looks like the weather will co-operate, so I guess I won't have to worry about rain. I am just hoping we can get it all done in a day. Since there isn't boats, I should be able to keep Mr. ADD focused and moving. I am kinda interested in seeing some Park Model/Destination trailers for retirement.

Thanks for any input.
Firestone airbags
2006 KZ Jag - 29 ft
Ranger Z518
22 ft Suntracker Pontoon

K_Mac
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Gary, unfortunately, website says March opening date.

FunTwoDrv
Explorer
Explorer
K Mac, we've been the last few years. Up until last year, there have been very few truck campers. Last year, the dealer mentioned brought several units, it was great to see his selection! Hopefully, he do that again. As for camping, it is a safe area and the fairgrounds has security. However, be sure you make reservations as there are limited spaces. If you can't get a spot, check out Umstead State park. It is about 15 minute from the fairgrounds and has decent sites.
Gary

WVbassmistress
Explorer
Explorer
K Mac... Just got the word!!! The Bass Pro Spring Fishing Classic (with rod/reel trade-in) is the weekend of the Raleigh show. spring classic

Looks like the Concord store has a better line up of pros and seminars. But that is a drive!

Hope to see you there!
Firestone airbags
2006 KZ Jag - 29 ft
Ranger Z518
22 ft Suntracker Pontoon

WVbassmistress
Explorer
Explorer
K Mac...the closest Bass Pro is in Cary Cary Bass Pro Not too far. Not a huge store, but any Bass Pro will do!

The one in Concord Concord Bass Prois much larger.

I'll let you know as soon as I find the dates for the rod/reel trade in if you are interested. We usually spend hundreds of $$ on a trip for a $30-$45 credit on a reel...go figure!

Let's try a TC hook up for anyone going.

BTW, GoinThisAway, who is organizing the April Truck Camper Rally in Gatlinburg, has a Big Foot. Maybe if there isn't one at the show, you can join us at the rally and check her's out.
Firestone airbags
2006 KZ Jag - 29 ft
Ranger Z518
22 ft Suntracker Pontoon

K_Mac
Explorer
Explorer
WVbassmistress, I saw that in TCM after posting. Curios to see the newer models. Never saw a BF up close, hopefully they'll be one there. I take it that Bass Pro is in the area, added bonus. Cabin fever calls for a trip. Thanks K

WVbassmistress
Explorer
Explorer
We didn't make it to the Louisville show this weekend. But I think that is a good thing. Looking at the line up listed on Truck Camper Magazine for the Raleigh show, I was really pleased to see how many brands were going to be represented. Pretty sure Cirrus was one of them.

We are hoping that Bass Pro is having their spring fishing sale/rod & reel trade-in that weekend and can kill several birds with one trip.

Hope to see you there!
Firestone airbags
2006 KZ Jag - 29 ft
Ranger Z518
22 ft Suntracker Pontoon

tjhjunior
Explorer
Explorer
they also brought one of the cirrus campers to the greensboro show

bigfootgrey
Explorer
Explorer
Hi K Mac
You can see Cirruc campers at Truck Camper Warehouse in N H. The closest Bigfoot dealer is MCD on Cape Cod Mass. Not sure about the N Carolina show.
Bob
2011 Ford F-350 PSD SC DRW
2008 Bigfoot 25C-10.4E
Firestone airbags - torklift stable-loads,fastguns,Talons Rancho rs 9000XL’s.