cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

One Last Season

rickeoni
Explorer
Explorer
Going camping this weekend, the start of the last year with the camper, as our new fifth wheel is coming is September. Went to get the old girl out of storage yesterday, boy is it tiny inside. Going to be strange having room to breathe when stuck inside this fall.
2008 F450
2007 Adventurer 85WS
2012 Haulmark "The Garage"
2016 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak 26 RKS
20 REPLIES 20

allygerry
Explorer
Explorer
We also have a TC and a 5er we enjoy both, however we use the TC more often. It's like people having two vehicles a car and a truck they both have different uses first is transportation and the other is hauling goods such as TC or 5er or whatever else fits in a pickup or behind it. Campers also have different uses first is camping as with a TC other is bringing tons of baggage that makes for "Happy Wife is a Happy Life" just kidding DW like the TC as much as I do.

rickeoni
Explorer
Explorer
Just a pic of our trip last weekend in the camper.

2008 F450
2007 Adventurer 85WS

Bigfootchevy
Explorer
Explorer
Whatever makes your pleasure, as long as its camping.

Paul

rickeoni
Explorer
Explorer
trail-explorer wrote:
rickeoni wrote:
... and the price of new larger multi-slide campers is ridiculous.

Often times those campers cost more than a TT or 5'er too!

a new eagle cap 1165 is the same list as our 26 foot fifth wheel. And with something that big hanging off a pickup truck, you are very limited on far off road you can go.
2008 F450
2007 Adventurer 85WS

SugarHillCTD
Explorer
Explorer
Hey best of luck with your new 5er.

We have been through several types of RVs ourselves, doing what makes us happy.
John & Cathy
'12 Chevy 2500HD CC 4x4 sb
'16 Cougar 25RKS w/ Andersen rail mount
'13 Eagle Cap 850 (sold). B4 that a few other TCs and a TT

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
diazr2 wrote:
These TC guys are pretty touchy about people moving on to bigger things.

We don't mind when people have to sacrifice and get rid of their TCs. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Seriously though, I bought the current truck with a fiver in mind in the future. It even already has a B&W hitch. Although mine will likely be a toy hauler.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
rickeoni wrote:
... and the price of new larger multi-slide campers is ridiculous.

Often times those campers cost more than a TT or 5'er too!
Bob

rickeoni
Explorer
Explorer
Deb and Ed M wrote:
Our journey, "looking for space" went: Class C, 5er with a Superslide; then condo. LOL!!!! The popup TC is for camping, sightseeing and exploring where the other 2 couldn't venture. Since it takes up so little space (relatively speaking), I figure we'll own one forever.

Same reasoning here. Camper is staying right where it is. Fishing, exploring back roads... too many reasons to keep her. I guess I am just going to be a two faced camper.

The new 5'er is only 26 feet long so it should still be able to get into smaller places. With 2 grandkids, an 8 foot non slide camper is just too small and the price of new larger multi-slide campers is ridiculous.
2008 F450
2007 Adventurer 85WS

bcbouy
Explorer
Explorer
~DJ~ wrote:
diazr2 wrote:
bcbouy wrote:
how do you pull a boat with a 5'er ? ๐Ÿ™‚

How do you get it out of OR to a state where it's legal?
how do you back it down the boat ramp ? that would take a lot of work unhooking and manoevering and all over again.crazy
2012 ram 2500 hemi crew cab sb 4x4 2015 northstar 850 sc 14.5 g3 guide custom fly fishing boat

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Our journey, "looking for space" went: Class C, 5er with a Superslide; then condo. LOL!!!! The popup TC is for camping, sightseeing and exploring where the other 2 couldn't venture. Since it takes up so little space (relatively speaking), I figure we'll own one forever.
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

_DJ_1
Explorer II
Explorer II
diazr2 wrote:
bcbouy wrote:

How do you get it out of OR to a state where it's legal?
'17 Class C 22' Conquest on Ford E 450 with V 10. 4000 Onan, Quad 6 volt AGMs, 515 watts solar.
'12 Northstar Liberty on a '16 Super Duty 6.2. Twin 6 volt AGMs with 300 watts solar.

_DJ_1
Explorer II
Explorer II
palmwhit wrote:
So you're going to the dark side? Well, guess it just depends on how one looks at it...... Our camper's aren't a tow behind condo cause we like to spend a lot of time outdoors, so we don't need a lot of extra "wasted space", just prefer sleeping & stuff inside on a bed. Oh, and if it's raining or? then we'll move inside for that too when we're ready. Don't care for packing up the tent and all, just want to pick up a bit and roll on down the trail. As for the 5'r, well that look pretty neat too but..... I'll take my camper for now thanks!
Best wishes on your new adventures, and God Bless.

I thought we were on the dark side!! :B
'17 Class C 22' Conquest on Ford E 450 with V 10. 4000 Onan, Quad 6 volt AGMs, 515 watts solar.
'12 Northstar Liberty on a '16 Super Duty 6.2. Twin 6 volt AGMs with 300 watts solar.

palmwhit
Explorer
Explorer
So you're going to the dark side? Well, guess it just depends on how one looks at it...... Our camper's aren't a tow behind condo cause we like to spend a lot of time outdoors, so we don't need a lot of extra "wasted space", just prefer sleeping & stuff inside on a bed. Oh, and if it's raining or? then we'll move inside for that too when we're ready. Don't care for packing up the tent and all, just want to pick up a bit and roll on down the trail. As for the 5'r, well that look pretty neat too but..... I'll take my camper for now thanks!
Best wishes on your new adventures, and God Bless.

rickeoni
Explorer
Explorer
bcbouy wrote:

like this

disclaimer...not my truck...not my kayak.
2008 F450
2007 Adventurer 85WS