cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opinions on Jayco Octane SL

4x4crazy
Explorer
Explorer
Ive been looking at toy haulers and the jayco has appealed like a good option. Lots of features I want at a price I can afford. It doesn't seem as cheaply put together as some brands yet it's much less expensive. The weight capacity is pretty good too. Any one have experience with these, or Jayco trailers in general lately? ..im also curious about a generator. One thing it doesn't have is the generator which seems like a needed item dry camping. I think it has a place for an onan but would I be better off just getting 2 honda 2000 generators?
2017 Ford F-250 Platinum, Crew Cab, SB
6.7L Powerstroke Diesel, 3.31 Gears, 4x4
18 REPLIES 18

aftermath
Explorer II
Explorer II
Back to the topic. A TH is usually a pretty stout trailer. If it is designed to carry a heavy "toy" then it needs to be strong and heavy. If you are looking at a "light" version I would ask the question that was asked earlier, where did they cut the weight?

A built in generator would be a lot easier to deal with. The double Hondas would also be a good option if you had plans for them when not camping. Hauling them around would get old. I am old, and hauling myself around is enough. My only beef with built ins is that, at least in the past, they were quite loud. Perhaps the new ones are better.
2017 Toyota Tundra, Double Cab, 5.7L V8
2006 Airstream 25 FB SE
Equalizer Hitch

aftermath
Explorer II
Explorer II
downtheroad wrote:
So are you saying that the OP is asking for opinions on onions....:h

There is this for an "onion destination."
Sweet Onion RV Park | Vidalia Georgia

But, if you are serious about onions you have to go to Walla Walla for the Walla Walla Sweet Onions.
2006 Airstream 25 FB SE
Equalizer Hitch

Clicck
Explorer
Explorer
thor owns Jayco so make sure the PDI is very thorough, they have a tendency to take cost savings to the extreme.

There is a recall on 2018 livinlite trailers where the A frame can separate from the trailer. Apparently thor preferred to save money on the assembly instead of worrying about things like safety and proper engineering.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
:B:B:B:B

4x4crazy
Explorer
Explorer
My apologies. That's what I get for trying to pay with my phone. I meant opinions, not onions. But onions are delicious.
2017 Ford F-250 Platinum, Crew Cab, SB
6.7L Powerstroke Diesel, 3.31 Gears, 4x4

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
downtheroad wrote:

That park was on our itenarary once but we had to chop it.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
What would it cost to upgrade to Bloomin Onions :@

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
My thinks his spell check go em Opinions
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
azdryheat wrote:
I believe the SL stands for Super Lite. What did they leave out to make it super lite? Use caution in your final decision.

Don’t try to hijack the thread.

Stay on topic.

The subject is onions.

aftermath
Explorer II
Explorer II
I thought this might have been a new decal option. Onions on the trailer.
2006 Airstream 25 FB SE
Equalizer Hitch

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think what the OP means is where can he store his peeled onions in the TH he is looking at.

Come on people. Read the post!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
I never understood the onion symbolism; I metaphorically peeled them but all I ever found inside was more onion.

Now onions on a RV sounds delicious.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
“One thing it doesn't have is the generator which seems like a needed item dry camping.”

A backup generator is needed at least by me but solar fills my batteries 95 out of every 100 days. Heaven is a sunny boondocking area with everyone having solar...it’s quiet!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad