cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outdoors RV Creekside in Eastern US? Creekside vs Nash

3ringcircus
Explorer
Explorer
In our search for our "perfect" trailer, we've discovered the Outdoors RV Creekside model 23bhs. I know this particular mfg makes these trailers for the Northwest and Canada, but was wondering if anyone on the east coast has purchased anything from Outdoors RV MFG. If so, how did you find the experience?

We looked at the Nash and were really impressed with the quality. In fact, we looked at a Nash and a Kodiak on the same day. The Nash was almost sound proof inside while parked along a busy highway versus hearing every car that drove by on the road about 200' away from the Kodiak with two rows of RV's to buffer between us and the road. The Creekside appears to have a more manageable floorplan for our needs than the Nash. If the Nash 23b had a slide, it would be perfect. We considered the Nash 25c, but the bunks are just too small and hard to access.
Rich & Tammy
Clearville, PA
2004 Ford Expedition w/HD tow pkg
2014 Creek Side 23bhs
31 REPLIES 31

lembean
Explorer
Explorer
I'm still shopping for another rv and I'll be looking at a tamarack trail 721fbs tomorrow(2/1/14)It is also an outdoor rv product, and an ultra lite.It is a 2010 model that has been discontinued. I'd be interested in any info on the tamarack line, good or bad.It is a pretty big step down from my last terry 280fqs, but half the weight and a good price.I'm just concerned about going with an ultra lite.

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
Sure will. You can get all the gripes from owners but I don't have any except the fresh water drain is inside the rear wheel and you avhe to reach in front of the wheel and twist around to reach it, it can freeze up in really cold weather I think.

Highway_4x4
Explorer
Explorer
I will be headed for the OutdoorsRV rally in June. It will be at Wallowa lake near the Outdoor and Northwood factories that are in La Grande Oregon. I plan on touring both of them at that time. It would be a good time to meet many owners and builders of the Outdoors products.
2014 Ram Cummins Laramie, Crew cab, 4x4, Loaded, Snugtop camper
2014 OutdoorsRV Wind River 250RDSW
Big spoiled Bernese Mountain Dog

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 31 ft Arctic Fox built by Northwood, the Nash Family. They build 1st class TTs and I'd recommend the Arctic Fox as it will stay warm and not freeze up at 7 degrees, tho the windows will frost over pretty bad! We went from VA-OK after Christmas and came back to Branson Jan 2 where we had 7 degrees and one other camper in the park. Lots of deer. Buy a heated hose for $100 as they will be worth their weight and get insulation to put in the nose compartment as the bed is above it and around the intake water supply. Buy a mattress from Sleepys, Queen size Natures Image plush and you'll enjoy your TT instead of waking with a backache.Keep your Sewage hoses stored in a garbage bag with the ends attached and in the witer use them to dump and put them up as they will freeze solid too.Wehn you dump, put 10 lb of ice in the toilet and about 3 gal of water and it will stay clean and you won't need additives for odor.

brulaz
Explorer
Explorer
3ringcircus wrote:
@kayco53 - does it fit OK or did you have to add an extension to the base of the bed?

Old post but here's a useful tip I got on this forum.

For us taller folk, instead of upgrading to a longer mattress and building put the bedframe or whatever (which is what I did with our old trailer), just pull out the short mattress about 6" from the head board every night and stuff in a bunch of cushions into the hole.

We're doing this with our new trailer, and it works very well. Of course the old mattress has to be half way decent, and that's the case with our Timber Ridge, so I'm happy.
2014 ORV Timber Ridge 240RKS,8500#,1250# tongue,44K miles
690W Rooftop + 340W Portable Solar,4 GC2s,215Ah@24V
2016 Ram 2500 4x4 RgCab CTD,2507# payload,10.8 mpgUS tow

brulaz
Explorer
Explorer
I bought our 2014 Timber Ridge in B.C. last fall and drove out from Ontario to get it. It's now in Florida.

The trailer was fine, but the dealer didn't have the hitch I ordered and substituted a much cheaper model. As I wasn't prepared to wait around, I took it but am not happy with it and am not impressed with the dealer.

So bring your own hitch if you're driving out and don't get anything from the dealer except the trailer. It's really too bad we can't buy directly from the manufacturer when there's no local dealers.

Also, when buying sight unseen, especially in Canada, be sure the trailer has not been transported in the Winter on salted roads. We saw one new model that was heavily surface rusted underneath, as well as the propane plumbing and stairs. The dealer hadn't washed anything off after delivery; there was still layers of salt/sand on the frame.

As for warranty coverage, we've been happy so far. There have been a couple of issues with appliances that Outdoors RV have had me document. When we return to Ontario, they want me to take the trailer in to a local dealer to get them fixed (don't want to do it in Florida as we're living in the trailer).
2014 ORV Timber Ridge 240RKS,8500#,1250# tongue,44K miles
690W Rooftop + 340W Portable Solar,4 GC2s,215Ah@24V
2016 Ram 2500 4x4 RgCab CTD,2507# payload,10.8 mpgUS tow

3ringcircus
Explorer
Explorer
We took delivery of our unit on October 5th. No delays and no issues. We ordered our unit new from Broadmoor RV in Pasco,Washington. We got the price and options we were looking for. Other than the 5000 mile round trip trek in 6 days, would absolutely buy again from the same dealer and absolutely love our CreekSide 23bhs! The 2014 changes were minor, but I love them!
Rich & Tammy
Clearville, PA
2014 Creek Side 23bhs

wanderer13
Explorer
Explorer
@beckydylan and @3ringcircus,
For those of you who posted last spring about units on order, I was wondering what your experience was. Any delays in the pickup date? Any quality issues at delivery? How was your dealer?
We are looking at a Creekside 20FQ for July (no money down yet, and we have a backup plan), and would like to avoid any surprises.
F150 looking for companion TT
Thanks

kayco53
Explorer
Explorer
@kayco53 - does it fit OK or did you have to add an extension to the base of the bed? With most of the outside storage in the front of the trailer, have you noticed any difficulty staying with the tongue weight? Also, do you have the LED lights? Just wondering if they produce enough light compared to a regular bulb. Thanks so much for sharing.

I have measured and it looks like it will fit.I have not done it yet
might be inch longer than the rv mattress. We have a 2011 so it doesn't have led lights but the ones at the rv store put out a lot of light.
I actually but extra stuff in the bedroom instead of the back of the trailer because it seems to handle a bit better.Nothing real heavy maybe a 150 pounds of stuff.Nothing really heavy under the bed.Just fishing stuff, bbq,lawn chairs,fresh water hoses, etc.Propane bottle goes in back of the pu.I do have dual 6 volt batteries up front on the front.My signature is not coming up.I tow with 2007 Gmc 2500hd
2007 GMC 2500hd
2011 Creekside 23RKS

kayco53
Explorer
Explorer
oops double post
2007 GMC 2500hd
2011 Creekside 23RKS

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
n7bsn wrote:
I have looked at their Rigs and they compare well with Northwoods (Nash, Arctic Fox, etc). But this is not a surprise as the ownership is the same and core of the workforce came from the Northwoods plant.

That explains why the websites are so similar. 1st thing I thought of was they were one and the same.
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
14 Escape 5.0 TA

3ringcircus
Explorer
Explorer
@kayco53 - does it fit OK or did you have to add an extension to the base of the bed? With most of the outside storage in the front of the trailer, have you noticed any difficulty staying with the tongue weight? Also, do you have the LED lights? Just wondering if they produce enough light compared to a regular bulb. Thanks so much for sharing.
Rich & Tammy
Clearville, PA
2014 Creek Side 23bhs

kayco53
Explorer
Explorer
We do like our Creekside 23RKS but I forgot to add. Look into not getting their RV mattress and buy a residential mattress instead. They are a bit better than average but not nearly as good as a cheap home one.
2007 GMC 2500hd
2011 Creekside 23RKS

3ringcircus
Explorer
Explorer
Good luck to You too @beckydylan! We are waiting for the Creekside 23bhs to ship in the states as well. We've contacted Outdoors RV and was told several dealers who should have them on the lot in late March. We're in a similar situation, although the closest dealer to us is in Casper, Wyoming, which is 1700 miles away. We looked into plane tickets, and believe it or not, it's way cheaper to fly all the way to Oregon! We really like the looks of those 36" bunks. We have 3yr old twins and the larger bunks will allow us to keep them together longer without having to make up the dinette. The Creekside also appears to have really good elbow clearance in the bathroom. The Nash 23b toilet is really close to the door on the right side. Could work around, but would definitely be a close fit.

To me, it appears the quality will be similar to the Nash, which we've been able to see in person. I'm torn about purchasing a trailer without stepping foot into it first. We were concerned about warranty, and were also told not to worry as they will work with any area RV repair shop that would be willing to work on it. So now our search goes on for that. Again, good luck in your search.
Rich & Tammy
Clearville, PA
2014 Creek Side 23bhs

beckydylan
Explorer
Explorer
We are also looking into getting the Creekside 23BHS. We live in eastern Canada and there are no dealers within 2500 miles of us. I wrote the company an email and received a phone call from the Canadian distributor the next day. He set us up with a dealer in western Canada, and hopefully the units are shipped there soon.
We compared the 25C and 23B from Nash, but like you found that the double bunks offered in the Creekside were better for us. The Creekside does not have the generator option, but does offer the 150 watt solar panel.
We were assured that even though there are no close dealers if there was ever a problem with the trailer the company would help us in every way possible.
Good luck with your choice