cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Park It 360 TT Dolly

MMcGee
Explorer
Explorer
With the tight confines at the house, we're looking at the "Park It 360" Force 10 B2. The drive's about a 2-3% grade. Does anyone have experience with one and/or the company?
14 REPLIES 14

Reedga
Explorer
Explorer
sbowman I have had a parkit for 4 years and also have had to replace the switch
Because of the switch contacts ,wires and wire terminals burning up. Sent photo of the defective switch to Jim at Parkit suggesting a design change as I feel switch is to small for application.
Parkit. Had to purchase complete new switch.

sbowman871
Explorer
Explorer
I have one. About 3 years now. My grade is 6% on asphalt. It works very well. I'm in the process of upgrading the switch mechanism as the original design has been problematic. One thing about the company is that you deal directly with the factory. They have excellent customer service.
2010 Everlite 29FK
2011 Ford F150 V6 Ecoboost Max Tow 3.73
Parkit 360

West_Coast_Canu
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 9000 lb Park it 360 tow dolly. Yes it was pricey but after reading the reviews, iI bought one. I park my TT on my gravel pad and had to upgrade the tires to the turf one. It moves my TT pretty well since I need to tuck it beside my house for winter storage and I only have 3-4" on either side. I am happy to say I can park it with my truck now so I now use my Dolly sparingly. I assisted a neighbor with it to move his HighWall tent trailer into his garage tight against a wall.

the_happiestcam
Explorer
Explorer
I got this 7 years ago from a company called Power Mover (they're out of business now) for about $1200 shipped. Works great, but I don't have any grade:

And it's the only way I can get both the boat and camper in the backyard:

Me ('62), DW ('61), DS ('97), DS ('99), DD ('03)
2003 Yukon XL 2500 8.1L 4.10 axle
2010 Dutchmen 28G-GS

CG's we've been to

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased the "Park It 360" Force 10 B1 (no brake control). I've moved across the street going from a 100 dia cul de sac with front yard gates to a 12 ft wide private road paralleling the property line on the back yard with only 40 foot of opening along the roadway. I will need to unhitch and pull the trailer into the back yard by the tongue while swinging 90 degrees through the opening. Thereโ€™s not enough room to swing the front of the trailer while backing it in. There is about a 4 inch deep x 2 ft wide dip to cross that shouldnโ€™t be any problem. Iโ€™ll add a piece of rope to the brake lanyard to pull just in case I need emergency braking.

It came with the 80 inch battery wire for connecting with the trailer battery and the short battery wire for connecting with a dolly mounted battery. Both have 10 Gage wire, Chinese copies of the Anderson connectors on one end and battery terminal rings on the other end. I cut the 80 inch to match the short cable and added Anderson connectors to the ends of both halves. Iโ€™ll add the short cables to the batteries on 2 different trailers and leave the long section on the dolly.

The Anderson connectors I bought from Grainger had pins for 6 Gage wire and weโ€™re stamped 6 ga. I bought extra pins when I ordered just in case I had bad crimps. The first 2 tries didnโ€™t go well since the existing wire was 10 Gage. Even though Granger listed the extra pins I bought as 6 Gage. They actually had 10-12 ga stamped on them and weโ€™re in fact were sized for 10 Gage. I lucked out and finished making up the 2 plugs needed. All I need to do now is make a place in the back yard and put up a 32 foot wide double gate.

Anderson plugs I bought

Spare 10 ga pins incorrectly identified as 6 ga

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Front hitch, i tried that and found that i could not see that well for clearance on the (truck) passenger side, it created a blind spot on one side. I actually found with practice using the standard truck and hitch works best for me.

The front hitched worked when i had lots of room to swing the rear in without banging into something i could not see. It cut down on pivot room and would have helped pulling out my driveway. The problem with a driveway is the clearance because you are not using spring bars to give the clearance you need for a sloped apron.

subcamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had an electric trailer mover (power caster) that I used at my old house about a dozen years ago. It worked well on the pavement, tended to spin the tires on the grass. More aggressive tires would have helped on the grass.

Absolutely don't consider using it without hooking up the trailer brakes to it (most have a switch on the dolly to activate the trailer brakes). I had a very gentle slope on blacktop and it would push the dolly like a toy downhill until you applied the trailer brakes. Also, trailer drum brakes don't start grabbing right away (they roll a few feet)so don't wait to stop at the last minute.

Some people have had success with a front-mounted hitch on their truck to move the trailer in tight spots, but I don't have any experience with those.

Steve

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tnx Reedga, good to know that.

I watched a video on the TX6000 and that has a braking system too, not sure about optional tires. I like the fact that the ball mount is directly over the wheels.

Reedga
Explorer
Explorer
I push my trailer up and down my drive way and a portion of that travel up the 2 %
Grade is a cross a grassie area. No problem. Park it 360 also is available with
Tires for unpaved surfaces ( grassie conditions). My unit has standard paved surface tires.
All units are available with optional brake control. You plug your trailer cord into the
Trailer plug on the 360 and apply your trailer brakes. Works great.
Gary Reed

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
The problems that i see using one, is trying to push a TT's weight up an inclined driveway or on grass/gravel/dirt. It works best on concrete..level concrete. Make sure its beefy enough and has a brake. Last thing you want is to be run over by your own trailer. :E

It is hard for me to see using the dolly :
I have a tight spot that i have to back my utility trailer into. I have 1" clearance on each side between a fence and garage.
I thought it would be easier to back in using a portable motorized hand dolly , so i converted my snowblower by adding wheels and a ball.
Although the home made dolly works ok for a lightweight utility trailer, it does not allow me to have a clear view of the sides as im backing it up. I can actually see better using my truck and mirrors.
The only time i use the dolly is when the neighbors cars are parked in the street preventing me to pivot out of my driveway.
Snowblower conversion will not work on a TT due to heavy TW and mass weight. It lacks the traction you will need unless you can fabricate a heavy duty rack directly over the drive wheels.

Reedga
Explorer
Explorer
Also look at the Trax 6000. Go to sales@traxpower.com.
That unit appears to have better handling capabilities than the Parkit 360. The rear
Dolly wheel takes a lot of load off the handle turning. Also the Trax unit is
36 volt ( more power verses the 12 volt 360.
Also the Trax has Has a unique ball to trailer coupler system. Look at all the videos on the Trax and learn more about it. I have a parkit 360 10,000 lbs unit with 8700 gvw trailer and use on about the same
Grade as you. Many problems with my unit with chain jumping from continue loosening.
Actually considering changing to the Trax unit right now. After viewing the videos the Trax looks like a better unit. The Trax was on sale just a week ago for $1400.
Try to deal with them for that lower price if you decide.
Gary Reed

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Alabama Jim wrote:
For $1200, would it be better to widen or straighten the driveway?

$1200?????

The Force 10 B2 is almost $1600!
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Alabama_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
For $1200, would it be better to widen or straighten the driveway?

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Clicky

Pricey
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB