cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCV valve on a diesel ???

ilvtravln
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a 95 Ford F250 7.3L, 120K miles, does it have a PCV valve, if so where is it located ? Smoke is blowing out the dipstick tube and the oil fill hole, I suspect something is plugged or maybe blow by.

Thanks

I just checked Napa and O'Riley, they both list one but I sure can't find it on the motor.
Art
8 REPLIES 8

james65450
Explorer
Explorer
It is on the drivers side rocker cover under the intake hose. On the 7.3 it is called the crank case vent (ccv). It is a larger box that is held down with 2 screws with a short hose that goes to the intake pipe.

Vanguard P96T 9.5' on a 1997 F250HD 4x4 7.3

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
go to autozone.com then look at parts and then component locations.

ilvtravln
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks, and the location is where ?
Art

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
I looked at autozone for you and this is what they came up with for location:

PCV Valve
1995 Ford Truck F350 1 ton P/U 2WD 7.3L Turbo Dsl OHV 8cyl I know f350 but should be same as f250

ilvtravln
Explorer II
Explorer II
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
A diesel does not have a PCV.

Diesels have no vacuum so they have a CDR. Much like a gasoline engine with a PCV, if it gets crudded up the engine can't vent properly. Clean it up or buy a new one.

Here is where it is at on a 7.3

This is good thru 94, I have a 95 which does not have a CDR, where else might I look ? I do have smoke at startup and some oil pooling on the manifold. Thanks
Art

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
A diesel does not have a PCV.

Diesels have no vacuum so they have a CDR. Much like a gasoline engine with a PCV, if it gets crudded up the engine can't vent properly. Clean it up or buy a new one.

Here is where it is at on a 7.3
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

moresmoke
Explorer
Explorer
If I remember right it is in the top of one of the valve covers? Right side? Been a long time since I had a 7.3...

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
It'll have to have one. Internal Combustion engines suffer a wee bit of leakage around the piston rings, and without a way for those gases to escape, the pressure in the crankcase builds up until oil seals blow. Where it is, however, I don't know.