cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDI Checklist for NEW 2015 model from dealer

Sifter
Explorer
Explorer
We are taking delivery of our Outdoors RV Timber Ridge 240RKS camper this coming Friday. In preparation for this, I asked the dealer for a copy of their PDI checklist and they sent me this:

This does not seem extensive at all. Its actually pretty lame in my opinion. When I sent them a copy of the following checklist from changinggears.com, they flat out refused to use it and said it would cost them a couple thousand dollars and hundreds of hours to complete it based on an hourly rate of $110. Is this PDI checklist more for my DW and I to do vs. the technician, then whatever we find, take back to the technician to fix?

Changinggears.com RV Checklist

Im a bit put off by their response and simply refuse to sign anything until we have had a chance to go through our list.
2014 Ram 3500 Crew Cab 4x4 DRW Limited 6.7 Cummins/Aisin
2014 Arctic Fox 25Y
SOLD: 2007 Fleetwood Terry Resort 240RKS
7 REPLIES 7

Sifter
Explorer
Explorer
darsben wrote:
I would tell the dealer to have the unit plugged in with water in the tank and the refrigerator on. I would just ask the dealer to use his checklist. When he is done tell him you will be in to settle up AFTER you have completed your check list.
PAY WHEN PROBLEMS CORRECTED

This is exactly what I did via email so there is a paper trail.
2014 Arctic Fox 25Y

thib2722
Explorer
Explorer
They'll likely rush through that list. Check a few things to be sure they are absolutely correct before leaving such as the propane system pressure check, tire PSI, and the water system. Two new RVs I bought has loose water fittings and had small leaks I did not notice until home. I just tightened the fittings myself. You want to be careful about the propane, as you could blow up the entire RV. The tire pressure is important too because the factory tires are usually cheap Chinese tires. Running them low will certainly get you a blowout.

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would tell the dealer to have the unit plugged in with water in the tank and the refrigerator on. I would just ask the dealer to use his checklist. When he is done tell him you will be in to settle up AFTER you have completed your check list.
PAY WHEN PROBLEMS CORRECTED
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

Sifter
Explorer
Explorer
cpap wrote:
Thanks for the checklist, I will use it next week when I pick up my new camper. I got lucky with my 1st camper, I really didn't check anything when I took delivery.

Like you, this is our second camper. We didnt know anything about checklists on our first camper, and consider ourselves very lucky everything turned out ok.
2014 Arctic Fox 25Y

cpap
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the checklist, I will use it next week when I pick up my new camper. I got lucky with my 1st camper, I really didn't check anything when I took delivery.
2014 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel Laramie
2013 Jayco Jayflight Swift 264BH
2014 Jayco White Hawk 27RBOK...picking it up 7 Nov

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Their checklist is a good start........

Your linked checklist is for you to do/complete

We spent 4 hours doing our PDI.
Salesman took us to rig asked if we had questions......not our 1st rv so told him we would come get him when we were are done.
RV was hooked up to power with water connected.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

rugermark2
Explorer
Explorer
I used that exact same checklist. The dealer didn't use it because of the time it take. Using that checklist will take 2hrs, tell the dealership you want 2 hours to do your own check. I used blue painters tape to mark what needed to be fixed. The dealership fixed everything that was taped. Don't sign anything until you check it over.
2011 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins
2015 Cougar 29RLI