cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pleated blinds

sandymac1
Explorer
Explorer
My pleated blinds bunch up instead of forming pleats when I raise them. What am I doing wrong ans is there a way to prevent this? Thanks to all who respond.
8 REPLIES 8

TravelingTeache
Explorer
Explorer
I had mine custom made by my mother-in-law and put them up with rings. LOVE THEM! Always hated the standard window treatments in TT's. Ripped it ALL out and just have curtains now. May be my favorite part of our renovations, which you can see in my blog listed in my signature.
2003 Timberlodge Travel Trailer
2015 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Diesel
The Traveling Teacher

sandymac1
Explorer
Explorer
So I have decided to make curtain or buy curtains for the travel trailer. Any ideas on where I might purchase some?

AmericalVette
Explorer
Explorer
graybeardnc wrote:
sandymac1 wrote:
My pleated blinds bunch up instead of forming pleats when I raise them. What am I doing wrong ans is there a way to prevent this? Thanks to all who respond.

Our first TT had regular "venetian" blinds, and I always left them down to keep the sunlight out and prevent fading.

Our current TT has the pleated blinds. On our walk-thru, We were advised to NOT leave the pleated blinds down (extended) when storing the trailer, that they tend to lose their shape.

So I cut some cardboard to fit in the windows to block the light while in storage, and keep the pleated blinds in the UP position.

They still look and work fine after two years.

Great tip Gary! Thank you!!
Times fun when you're having flies!

graybeardnc
Explorer
Explorer
sandymac1 wrote:

Our first TT had regular "venetian" blinds, and I always left them down to keep the sunlight out and prevent fading.

Our current TT has the pleated blinds. On our walk-thru, We were advised to NOT leave the pleated blinds down (extended) when storing the trailer, that they tend to lose their shape.

So I cut some cardboard to fit in the windows to block the light while in storage, and keep the pleated blinds in the UP position.

They still look and work fine after two years.
Gary

2014 Coachmen Apex 278RLS
2013 F150 Ecoboost

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
I notice that visitors tend to lean on the blind with their heads and/or shoulders plus the urchins play with them. I'm alway straightening them out.

We love all 8 of our grandchildren but have learned that kid-proofing is an on-going activity.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.

sandymac1
Explorer
Explorer
How tight should the strings be? They fell pretty tight right now.

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
A broken string will also cause problems. Lots of places were you can buy replacement strings and they have videos on "how to fix" - fixmyblinds.com is where I bought mine.
Kevin

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
The strings need to be tightened. Not sure how yours are made, but mine, I can simply unscrew a screw from the wall with a "thingie" the strings go through, pull them tighter, and then re-tie the ends, making the strings tighter. The first year of ownership I had to tighten a couple every month or so. Then last year (second year), I think the strings have finally maxed out their elasticity and didn't have to do it all last year. This year, not yet either.