Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Power cable extension

fred_garvin
Explorer
Explorer
Greetings,

I just purchased a northstar 650sc and find that I need to extend the power cable to my hitch plug in because I don't want to put the connection in the bed. Any ideas? Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

fred_garvin
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all of the quick replies. I ordered a 7'one off amazon for 46.00 delivered.

ronday
Explorer
Explorer
Just be sure!!! When I bought my TC the dealer put it on the truck and wired it. I head down the road and the radio antenna was hitting the cabover. Pulled in a parking lot to remove the antenna and the guy behind me was terrible mad, I had signaled. Took me a couple of secondsto figure out they had wired the left signal on truck to right light on TC. I watched them check it with the thumbs up sign. You kinda got to mention left or right. Sure they worked but not the right ones. Ron
2008 Chevy 2500HD D/A, Crewcab SB, Pullrite superglide
2011 Big Country BC 3250TS 33ft 5ver
2005 Fleetwood 26ft 5ver
2005 Sun Lite Truck Camper
Ron - 29 yrs HS Tech Teacher (ret) 24 yrs USN/USNR Chief (ret)
Sheila - 29 yrs HS Home and Careers Teacher (ret)

portscanner
Explorer
Explorer
I got a 7 foot cable stretcher from Hitches for less (first item on the page) $50.54 They are local to me so no shipping charges and no building.
One beautiful wife -Trooper and Doc the furcampers
2019 Dodge 4500 Flatbed with 2013 Chalet TS116 http://www.brittanynews.us

delosholly
Explorer
Explorer
I just did this over the weekend. We bought 9ft of the 7-wire cable and two connectors for around $44. Took me about 30 minutes to put together. Have not tested it yet. Del
Delos & Holly
2013 Camplite Truck Camper 10.0
2014 Ram 2500 Reg SRW LB
2012 Burgman 650

rickeoni
Explorer
Explorer
Reality Check wrote:
Ummmm.... buy the three parts? Then you get the length you need, takes only a few minutes and is much cheaper.

X2, easy peazy.
2008 F450
2007 Adventurer 85WS
2012 Haulmark "The Garage"
2016 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak 26 RKS

Reality_Check
Nomad II
Nomad II
Ummmm.... buy the three parts? Then you get the length you need, takes only a few minutes and is much cheaper.
'16 F550 CC, 4x4 with Link Ultraride air suspension, '18 AF 1150. Just so we can play with our snowmobiles, dirt bikes and fishing boat. And new 20' tag along...kayaks, bikes, mc's and extra water and food!!

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you are referring to the 7-way Trailer Cable Extension then ETRAILER would be a good source..

You can also type into GOOGLE SEARCH 'RF 7-WAy CABLE EXTENSION' and when it loads up then select 'IMAGES' and you find many pages of such units for different ideas maybe... Click on the one that catches your eye for more info...

Roy ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS