cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Propane tank level monitor

anutami
Explorer III
Explorer III
Getting sick of always wondering how much propane I have in tanks especially in winter. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Just ordered it so we’ will see how it works out
2001 Ford F350 LB Diesel 4x4 CrewCab Stick
2015 Wolf Creek 850 Thermal Pane Windows, Oven, Reinforced Anchor Bolts, 200w Solar, Torklift Tie Downs, Fastguns, Stableloads
7 REPLIES 7

specta
Explorer
Explorer
jimh425 wrote:
Might not help, but I keep one tank turned off. That way if I run out I know I have a tank left.

I have the same system although I do use a fair amount of LP running the generator.

I always have extra bottles so I never get caught running out.

If I think one bottle is getting low and its cold at night I'll switch to the full bottle before going to bed and switch back in the morning.
Kenny
1996 Jayco 376FB Eagle Series TT
1997 Jayco 246FB Eagle Series TT
1976 Ford F-250 4wd Mercury Marauder 410 - 4V
Regular cabs. The best looking trucks.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
RobWNY wrote:
I have that system and it works great.

Ditto. I have been using them for at least 2 years.
My only complain is they eat batteries.

Another thread on the same subject from a week or so ago.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Geewizard
Explorer
Explorer
I have that system also and it works ok IF you mount the sensors properly. It does NOT work for my TCs 30lb horizontal tank.
2021 Winnebago Micro Minnie 1708FB
2014 Toyota Tundra Double Cab
300W solar, MPPT controller, LED lights
Xantrex Freedom X Inverter 3000W
2 Fullriver 105AH AGM batteries
Air Lift WirelessAIR and air bags
Hankook Dynapro ATM 10-ply tires

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Might not help, but I keep one tank turned off. That way if I run out I know I have a tank left. My TC has two 30 lb tanks.

Yes, it would mean that I would have to get up in the middle of the night. My setup doesn’t use that much, so I rarely have run out.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
I have that system and it works great. You just have to make sure you have it set to the correct size tank to be accurate. Where a lot of people error is having the app set to 20lb. tanks when the sensors are on 30lb. tanks.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

anutami
Explorer III
Explorer III
joeshmoe wrote:
Same here. Especially with the auto changeover valve. Hard to know how much you have.

And hard to remember the last time when I had the tanks filled. Started to write it down but that didn’t last too long lol.

I usually don’t use the auto change over and keep one tank closed for fear of a leak developing and losing all my propane :0
2001 Ford F350 LB Diesel 4x4 CrewCab Stick
2015 Wolf Creek 850 Thermal Pane Windows, Oven, Reinforced Anchor Bolts, 200w Solar, Torklift Tie Downs, Fastguns, Stableloads

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer
Same here. Especially with the auto changeover valve. Hard to know how much you have.
2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's