cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about bed in my trailer could use some advice

campergal69
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, i am new here,i recently picked myself up a 1992 skyline nomad trailer,for me and my three fir babies.The queen size bed,in the back is too large,i cant even walk around it,is it possible for me to measure out the box,and cut it,to fit a full mattress,i know it will be be a little longer,as i can not afford,the ones they sell for campers.Right now i am in the process,of replacing the wall under the window,that has had water damage.Thanks to all who respond.
6 REPLIES 6

hddecker
Explorer
Explorer
In a word, yes.

It can be done, as long as the extra length is not going to be a problem. The first mod we did was the bed, the stock mattress was the most uncomfortable thing I had ever laid on. We got a memory foam queen, 3 layers of foam bottom layer extra firm, middle firm and topped with memory foam. Sleep better in the TT than at home.

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
Thinking the same as buzzard616 on the twin size.....unless.....the doggies sleep with you. Ask them what they'd like and go with that.

Another thought would be a sofa sleeper if there is room to get it through the door.
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

buzzard616
Explorer
Explorer
I'm going to guess that the bed frame/box is installed right over the carpet in your trailer. If that's the case and it's only for you, why not take out the whole works and put in a twin sized bed on one side?

Stu
Stu & Jackie Metcalfe
2000 Salem 27FKSS
2008 Sierra 2500 HD gasser

Kemahsabe
Explorer
Explorer
"Fir" babies? You have trees for pets? :B :B :B

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
Really all you are going to do is make it 6" narrower for a double mattress. Hubby can't see any reason why you can't, it is just a frame that normally supports nothing else. A lot of people put a regular mattress in their RV. It overhangs the existing frame a few inches.