Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Question for late model Ram diesel owners

Drew_A_
Explorer
Explorer
Greetings,

I've had my 2018 Ram 3500 Diesel for just about a month and I can't seem to get the driver's instrument cluster to show the 2 gauges that are next to the tach.

This photo is from the 2018 Ram brochure.

Does anyone have these gauges? The lower looks like transmission temperature while I'm not sure what the upper is. That area on my display is blank.

(Although the lower portion does show up when the wait to start grid heaters are engaged when starting.)

Thanks!
2018 Ram 3500 CTD, 4X4, Laramie, SRW, SB
2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
9 REPLIES 9

stevemorris
Explorer
Explorer
on our hemi 8 speed they are engine oil temperature and transmission oil temperature, but can be changed
2017 Ram 1500 4door, 4x4, 5.7 l hemi, 8 speed
2008 KZ Spree 260

stsmark
Explorer
Explorer
Thatโ€™s a nice setup, thanks.

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
stsmark wrote:
Whatโ€™s the top 0-100% measuring? DPF level?
Thanks

On my 2015

Upper gauge:

11. Selectable Gauge (Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Oil Life,
Trailer Brake, Current MPG, Fuel Filter Life, Turbo
Boost, Exhaust Brake, Battery Voltage)

So it is either Oil Life or Fuel Filter Life.

Same choice are available for lower one.

9. Selectable Gauge (Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Oil Life,
Trailer Brake, Current MPG, Fuel Filter Life, Turbo
Boost, Exhaust Brake, Battery Voltage)

Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Learjet
Explorer
Explorer
stsmark wrote:
Thanks

I think that is trailer braking level....at least that is the one I have up on my truck.
2017 Ram Big Horn, DRW Long Box, 4x4, Cummins, Aisin, 3.73
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, Onan 5500, Disc Brakes, 17.5" tires
B&W Ram Companion

stsmark
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks

Drew_A_
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone! I found it. I had been in that set up screen to customize what was displayed in the corners of the display. I just never saw the upper/lower gauge options. They default to none.

So many choices. Thanks!
2018 Ram 3500 CTD, 4X4, Laramie, SRW, SB
2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Drew A. wrote:
Greetings,

I've had my 2018 Ram 3500 Diesel for just about a month and I can't seem to get the driver's instrument cluster to show the 2 gauges that are next to the tach.

Does anyone have these gauges? The lower looks like transmission temperature while I'm not sure what the upper is. That area on my display is blank.

(Although the lower portion does show up when the wait to start grid heaters are engaged when starting.)

Top is oil life.
As Mitch wrote they are customizable.

Thanks!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
It will be in the same screen that you change the items I circled. If not there maybe your model does not have the option. Edit, I just saw your trim in your signature. You should definitely have the option to show the gauges.

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
Drew A. wrote:
Greetings,

Thanks!

Not sure if they show in every model. But scroll through the menus using the buttons on the left on steering wheel. They will be in the screeen setup menu. I cannot remember the exact name of the menu.

It will be in the same menu screen as the one you select where to show the trip odo, outside temp etc in the EVIC screen.