cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Rieco electric jacks

1handyhubby
Explorer
Explorer
Hey gang, I've owned several campers but this is my first experience with electric jacks. One of my jacks is making a lot of noise and the cartridge is loose and has dropped 1/8" and also will rorate a 1/2" back and forth. It quiets down if I hold the canister in place while it goes up or down. Anyone ever pull one of these apart and have an idea? It's 4 years old so past it's warranty. Waiting on a call back from Rieco but figured y'all might answer faster. Thanks
2001 F350 Lariat V10 DRW 4x4,4.30 rear, Rancho 9000's,
Ride Rite air bags w/onboard compressor, Tork Lifts, Fastguns,
2013 Host Mammoth Happy Happy Wife!
3 REPLIES 3

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
I will say that it's fairly easy to lubricate the leg assembly on the RT legs.If you remove the head and look inside the top of the leg, you'll see a hole in the top. I give mine a shot of gear oil every spring in each post.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
The head attaches to the leg with fixing screws, are they tight?

RT offers no replacement parts (just like Atwood and Happyjac) and that in itself is a shame in my opinion. Things wear out and need replaced, not discarded and a new one purchased.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

mike_kellie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had to replace 1 jack (head unit) and while nice on the phone, they take some time to evaluate the jack once it's in their possession. I think mine was on the bench for 10 days?
You can certainly take it apart and a quick visual should tell you why or what is going on. I had a stripped gear and they said no parts were available to replace it with. I questioned the parts issue and they compensated me more for NOT taking a look at the head unit. I received a new head unit discounted and overnighted.
2015 Host Mammoth triple slide w/ TorkLift Fastguns
2015 Ram 5500 SLT cab & chassis with Douglass 9' utility body