cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

"best" travel trailer

tnrv_er
Explorer II
Explorer II
In your opinion, what is the best made TT? Which brand do you feel has the best craftsmanship, uses the best materials, quality appliances, quality cabinetry, good fixtures (toilets, faucets, shower stalls, ect...).....What do you say?
42 REPLIES 42

wrenchbender
Explorer
Explorer
Love my BIGFOOT quality coach fair price, maintenance free.And no roof leaks.Plastic coaches the only way to go.

hvac
Explorer
Explorer
Second Camplite. Ours is the definition of durability. I see the new ones are wood cabinets and tpo roof. Ours all metal. Top. Bottom. Inside. Thor took over. Too bad.

hvac
Explorer
Explorer
Second Camplite. Ours is the definition of durability. I see the new ones are wood cabinets and tpo roof. Ours all metal. Top. Bottom. Inside. Thor took over. Too bad.

Vintage465
Nomad
Nomad
Well he did say "what is the best". The best is an Airstream. Used to work on all kinds of travel trailers at the RV shop we owned. Worked on very few Airstreams. I wouldn't want one by any stretch. Not my kind of trailer, but they are built to very high standards and like everyone has said, very high cost. I think if you were to say what is the best "normal conventional trailer" if there is such a thing.........likely a Bigfoot, they seem to be close to conventional design(not a bubble)and are priced like they did it all correctly. Thing is, they cost like 20k more than my Creekside and I can do a lot of correcting and upgrading for that kink of cash.
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!

marcsbigfoot20b
Explorer
Explorer
My Bigfoot is 16 years old and I still love it. It is solid and pretty well insulated.

B-n-B
Explorer III
Explorer III
ROBERTSUNRUS wrote:
FCStreamer wrote:
Another vote for Airstream. But I'm biased. ๐Ÿ˜‰

๐Ÿ™‚ Hi, mine.

No...mine ๐Ÿ˜‰
2019 Chevy 3500HD LTZ DRW
2021 Lance 975

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well, they are not all built the same. There are at least two basic construction methods in the mass market: laminated walls and stick built. I would rank Lance near the top of build quality for ultralight laminated wall trailers, and Northwood (Arctic Fox is their top line) for stick built.

But the best construction is unconventional and may be 2 to 5 times (or more) the cost of mass market methods. 1930's metal aircraft construction, only Airstream is still doing it, and doing more cheaply than they did in their best years. Welded metal frame, Holiday Rambler and Carriage used to do it, New Horizons still does (all builds are custom to buyer's design), and there may be other custom builders that might come back in if a buyer is willing to pay. Molded fiberglass hull, only Bigfoot currently building "Full Size" with large compacts from Escape and Oliver, if Oliver is still building. Oliver built a double hull, that puts them at the top if you can deal with compact floor plans.

But that's all "price is no object" which you did not qualify in your question.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

nomadictxn
Explorer
Explorer
I would definitely say a free trailer, a borrowed trailer or a rental trailer. In that order.
Seriously, Northwoods products seem to be pretty good.
nomadictxn
2013 RAM 1500 QC 5.7, 3.92 4x4 6 sp.
2021 Flagstaff E Pro 19FBS

Redterpos3
Explorer
Explorer
RockDodger wrote:

NOTE: Everybody's trailer is the best one for them. That's why they picked it. ๐Ÿ˜›

x2 - I like the idea of an Airstream, the minimalist lifestyle, problem is I'm not minimalist in how I like to live (I like space around me). So I like the idea of it, but in reality it's not for me.

I did always think the large 5th wheels were great, but now with my trailer I look at the larger 5th wheels and don't think I need that much space. Maybe exentually an airstream will be me....downsize...downsize...downsize...
The Travelin' Terrapins!
2016 Ford F-350 SRW;CC;4x4;172WB;6.7PSD;34,000m
2011 Nash 27T 12,995m
2013 Yr1 30nts 3150m
2014 Yr2 52nts 3365m
2015 yr3 25nts 2260m
2016 yr4 46nts 2500m
2017 yr5 24nts 1720m
2018 yr6 4nts 30m

RockDodger
Explorer
Explorer
I gotta just keep droppin' the nickels and pullin' the handle, and maybe someday I too can own an Airstream!:B But for now, my 1987 Sunline is the best, most solid thing on wheels, so I reckon I'll stick with it.:)

NOTE: Everybody's trailer is the best one for them. That's why they picked it. ๐Ÿ˜›
Terry & Marsha
2016 Ford F250 Super Duty 4X4 Super Crew
1987 Sunline Satellite T-2153

Northeast Illinois

ROBERTSUNRUS
Explorer
Explorer
FCStreamer wrote:

๐Ÿ™‚ Hi, mine.
๐Ÿ™‚ Bob ๐Ÿ™‚
2005 Airstream Safari 25-B
2000 Lincoln Navigator
2014 F-150 Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer
Yamaha 2400

Hannibal
Explorer
Explorer
FCStreamer wrote:

You're biased, I'm jealous... Life it good! :B
2020 F250 STX CC SB 7.3L 10spd 3.55 4x4
2010 F250 XLT CC SB 5.4L 5spdTS 3.73
ex '95 Cummins,'98 12v Cummins,'01.5 Cummins,'03 Cummins; '05 Hemi
2017 Jayco 28RLS TT 32.5'

Dennis_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
The best one is the one you like and buy. If they were better ones out there they would have a 5 or 10 year warranty

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
Arctic Fox is high quality. We own a 31W, 2004 model. Been trouble free except for the China Bombs. got Michelin LTs on it now.