cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-Sale/Trade-In with Obscure Model

mtofell1
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Salem T26TBUD-G with the "G" meaning is has a storage compartment at the back that is extremely rare. At the time of purchase I liked it and paid an extra couple thousand dollars. It also meant the TT came with 5000# axles as opposed to 3500# so the carrying capacity is something ridiculous like 4700#.

Anyway, I'm just starting to think of changing to a different model and am wondering how it works when I can't find my TT on NADA or anywhere else. When I do a search for this TT the only posts I see are my own from when I got it. I'm thinking mine may be the only one ever made 🙂

I'm just wondering if I'll be able to convince a dealer or private party that my TT is worth more than the regular TBUD Salem's which are fairly popular.
9 REPLIES 9

Fubeca
Explorer
Explorer
That's the problem with the whole used RV market. I really don't trust anything from NADA - I've seen huge variety in pricing just based on market and location.

My Trailer is likely worth about $1,000 more than I paid for it in TX just by being located in CO.

That said, there are plenty out there who would pay extra for that feature - and especially the extra capacity. Unfortunately, so many buyers are only looking at floorplan/layout and don't have a clue about other important things like carrying capacity.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
I do believe tour TT is worth more than the typical model however I doubt you will recoup your total extra cost.
Your unit is only worth what someone else is willing to spend. There wasn't a large demand for this feature when you bought it and I imagine demand won't be very high now.
To the right person the storage and axles will be very valuable but finding that right buyer will be tough.
I had a custom generator platform installed on my last rig. The entire setup was great nevertheless I did not recoup my cost at resale time and I did not expect to.
You will have to negotiate the price just like any other rig, keep in mind one of a kind customizations generally do not add significant valuer
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

AirForceAngler
Explorer
Explorer
We had a garage like that on the back of our first Coachmen. Leaked. Handy, but never got it to seal right.
2013 Toyota Tundra DoubleCab 4x4 iForce 5.7
2014 Grey Wolf by Forest River 26BH TT

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't know what it's worth but, I like the idea.

If I were buying I would give extra for something like that. Especially with the heavy axles.

pira114
Explorer II
Explorer II
I like those garages. Pretty cool.

Obviously, anyone can see the garage. And if you have documentation as to the specs on the axles and capacity, and the price you paid, I bet you can get more than what the book says.

mtofell1
Explorer
Explorer
It's a 2013 model.

Here are a couple pictures of the "garage." Overall, it's a super nice setup. I'd never consider changing trailers except for I have too many growing kids and need more bunks. It's about 18" deep and pretty much the entire back wall of the trailer.

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
what year is it?

FrankShore
Explorer
Explorer
Just out of curiosity, could you post some photos of this special trailer and the storage area. Sounds intriguing!
2014 F-250
2014 Minnie Winnie 2351DKS (Traded In-Burnout-Use A Surge Protector!)
2015 Arctic Fox 22G (Great Trailer But Heavy - Traded In)
2018 Lance 1685 w/ Solar & 4 Seasons Package
1999 Beneteau 461 Oceanis Yacht
En Norski i en Fransk båt - Dette må jeg se!

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I wouldn't worry about it. The same thing happened when I traded my old TT in. It was an odd model and they couldn't find a NADA price for it but they gave me what I wanted.