cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

rear-view camera

jimbow2
Explorer
Explorer
Daughter & SIL stopped by our place on there trip, they have a newer Ram & truck camper then we do... Showed me how he setup a "Camera source" rear camera fitted into the p/u screen .... Very impressed.... We have a 2016 Ram & truck camper and reviewing there site appears that perhaps they have units to fit my setup....... so right now b/4 I call "camera source" I'm just reaching out for any of you T/C'ers having experience with after market rear cameras.............. and your advice... Thank You..
jimbow
8 REPLIES 8

jimbow2
Explorer
Explorer
Ordered the " camera source ' to plug in to truck and use the dash monitor of the ram..... will use the flag to see if tracker is coming along......
jimbow

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
I got my Voyager thru RVcameras.com

Oops, meant:

https://www.rvcams.com/

3 tons

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Have you looked into "dash cameras"? Many, if not most, you can buy with a rear view camera. Mine has a wired rear view camera designed to be mounted outside.

Wireless ones are available.

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
jimbow2 wrote:
good afternoon...... thanks for reply's.... Question I have regarding rear view cameras>>>. I'm looking for guidance not only backing up in reverse, BUT also as I tow my Geo-tracker or anything else to check while driving will they allow that?????? when T/C is loaded???

If the camera i listed as rearview it is designed for full time use, back up cameras are designed for use when backing only.

Some companies make multiple camera systems. I have a 3 camera. one on the back of the camper, one on the back of the horse trailer an one inside the horse trailer to monitor the horse in transit. Mine is by Tadibrothers
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

jimbow2
Explorer
Explorer
good afternoon...... thanks for reply's.... Question I have regarding rear view cameras>>>. I'm looking for guidance not only backing up in reverse, BUT also as I tow my Geo-tracker or anything else to check while driving will they allow that?????? when T/C is loaded???
jimbow

Yeti_plus
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Camera Source camera on the Bigfoot. I bought the salt spreader version. It has all the wiring to attach right to the truck harness. GM plugs to an aircraft connector with a threaded locking system, to a 10 foot extension, to the camera,which I mounted above the door of the camper. This is on a 2014 Chevrolet Silverado with the OEM tailgate camera. They had the same thing for Ram.
Brian
2014 Chevrolet 3500 CC 4X4 Duramax, Tork Lift Tiedowns, TorkLift Fastguns, Superhitch and supertruss
2009 Jayco 213 SOLD
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
I liked the camera linked to my phone, put as many cameras as you like on it .
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
Interestingโ€ฆWhen I first researched RV cameraโ€™s I discovered that not all cameraโ€™s are equal - some were true RV driving cameras, whereas some were for backing up onlyโ€ฆApparently, the difference is in the camera itself - a back up camera is not designed for continuous viewing due to heat buildupโ€ฆ

Having said that (me having a 16, RAM..), then thereโ€™s the question of proprietary camera and wiring harness compatibility, so it would be interesting to know what make and model of camera he usedโ€ฆ

3 tons