cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Reversible roof vent fan

rrev
Explorer
Explorer
I need to replace my roof vents with new fans. I want to do something that is multi speed with forward and reverse. I know there are some out there but they're expensive and I'm cheap. Has anyone done anything like this without spending a fortune? If I can modify something, that's fine too.
2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD CCSB
2016 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2007 Starcraft Homestead 282DBS (Retired)
6 REPLIES 6

rrev
Explorer
Explorer
Well, I didn't make it reversible. I ended up replacing it with a Vortex II fan with the PVM that Lynnmor linked to an above reply. I LOVE IT!!! Nothing like being able to have a multi speed fan for a lot less money. I highly recommend this mod.
2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD CCSB
2016 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2007 Starcraft Homestead 282DBS (Retired)

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
This unit fits into standard vent, 3 speed motor w/ reverse. Available through Amazon for less dollars.
Heng's Vortex
Amazon

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

budwich
Explorer
Explorer
I think if you have a "standard fan" (ie. one that is DC, operating on 12v) then it basically just needs to have the leads reversed to turn in the opposite direction. It then can be done with a dpdt switch.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
PWM

AirForceAngler
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe do a search for a DC controller that would do that with your existing fans?
2013 Toyota Tundra DoubleCab 4x4 iForce 5.7
2014 Grey Wolf by Forest River 26BH TT

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
rrev wrote:
I need to replace my roof vents with new fans. I want to do something that is multi speed with forward and reverse. I know there are some out there but they're expensive and I'm cheap. Has anyone done anything like this without spending a fortune? If I can modify something, that's fine too.
Fan motors should be available for replacement via the Internet.