Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spongy floor

Mikesr
Explorer
Explorer
Noticed the floor is spongy on our 2009 Flafstaff TT
It's been setup for 2 years on a site in Delware.
At first I thought it was the stabilizer jacks being used this long but now I'am thinking it's the plywood separating due to moisture. The TT is in a semi wooded area and the humidity is high most times, the spongy is more noticeable in the front kitchen tile and the center bathroom floors. It may be under the care but can't tell.
I'am worried about the slides operating correctly since we leave them out.
Any thoughts? Thanks
Mike and Donna
2016 Chevy 2500HD
2020 Open Range Light 312BH
5 REPLIES 5

colliehauler
Explorer II
Explorer II
TomG2 wrote:
Even more likely that it is the relatively thin (but lightweight) flooring showing signs of fatigue. I traded mine before I fell through and the floor was never even damp.
This is what I found with my Streamlite and traded it after one trip.

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
What I did with mine was overlay the heavy traffic areas like the kitchen and bathroom areas with half inch particle board. I removed it when I traded it in. The lightweight materials that Flagstaff and their sister Rockwood used to lose weight was not always the sturdiest.

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
some of those floors were laminated foam so the bottom board retains moisture from the foam sweating and gets weak

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
Even more likely that it is the relatively thin (but lightweight) flooring showing signs of fatigue. I traded mine before I fell through and the floor was never even damp.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
More than likely leaks.