cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rodent Reminder

maxwell11
Explorer
Explorer
Just a reminder of what time of the year it is!!!!

Mice time, they love to come in and bed up in our travel trailers for the winter.
They can eat or naw throught iron if they want inside.

just remember to put mice bait packs around the trailer, on top of your trailer and inside the trailer.

Just good insurance, as you normally will never see or hear them until the damage is done.

for some reason they really like wiring

good luck and stay safe, but do not forget the mice paks.

last year randy the raccoon determined he wanted into my travel trailer, he ripped about a 2ft dia hole in the rubber roof material. He never got into the trailer, but why did he do that and the trailer was setting in the shed?????????
24 REPLIES 24

Dandy
Explorer
Explorer
We keep ours plugged in with the electronic plugin rodent deterrent. If you doubt it works, ask my wife what happened to my kids hamster they decided to take on a trip.
2009 GMC 2500HD Crew Z71 / 3.73 / 6.0L
2012 Prime Time Lacrosse 318 BHS Touring
Reese WD System with HP Dual Cam
Factory GMC Brake Controller
Factory Receiver Hitch
Factory Tow Mirrors

daverich
Explorer
Explorer
Many on here say dryer sheets don't work and that I am sure is true for them.

All I know is the one year that we did not have dryer sheets in the motor home we had mice come in.

Plus, at the end of the season collect them all and use them to get bugs off the front of your RV. You wet them down and they work great.

Opie431
Explorer
Explorer
Friends had a lot of damage in their TT. One of the things the mice used to make their nests were dryer sheets. I had always heard it was a great help. Guess not.

ROBERTSUNRUS
Explorer
Explorer
esox07 wrote:
OK, sounds good. I have heard of using dryer sheets as well. But now, I am waiting for someone to post how that will pose a health risk as well.

And, do the dryer sheets really work? Has anyone else gotten mice in the winter after using dryer sheets?
Bruce

🙂 Hi, I have had skin problems and my Doctor said to stop using dryer sheets in the dryer. I had a mouse once and after that I hung dryer sheets in my trailer; I haven't had any mice since, but I don't think that I have been in an area with them. So I don't have any mice in my trailer and I don't know if the dryer sheets work or not.
🙂 Bob 🙂
2005 Airstream Safari 25-B
2000 Lincoln Navigator
2014 F-150 Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer
Yamaha 2400

sbowman871
Explorer
Explorer
2 words

Fresh Cab

Four years running...zero mice
2010 Everlite 29FK
2011 Ford F150 V6 Ecoboost Max Tow 3.73
Parkit 360

esox07
Explorer
Explorer
OK, sounds good. I have heard of using dryer sheets as well. But now, I am waiting for someone to post how that will pose a health risk as well.

And, do the dryer sheets really work? Has anyone else gotten mice in the winter after using dryer sheets?
Bruce
Minnesota Viking fan trapped in Wisconsin
2011 KZ Sportsmen Classic 19BH
2013 Chevy Silverado 1500, Ext Cab, 5.3L Z71, 4x4
Boliy 3600si
AAA Plus RV

GpaVader
Explorer
Explorer
We don't have too much in the way of mice here, pretty urban but we just use Drier sheets to keep them out and keep the trailer smelling fresh....
'13 Toyota Tundra 5.7L
'12 Syline Koala 24RBK

My_Roadtrek
Explorer
Explorer
PLEASE, DON'T USE MOTHBALLS, they are considered a carcinogen, and can cause cancer, liver, and brain damage. Children, and pets are most at risk.
If you doubt what I'm saying, please Google " dangers of mothballs" and decide for yourself if you want to continue to use them. The poison can enter your body by handling, or breathing the vapors, children can mistake them for candy, and ingest them, which can be fatal.

esox07
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, I caught a mouse in the kitchen trash can last night. First time I have found one inside. 9 Victor Mouse traps are scattered throughout the house right now. I bought my TT a couple months ago and as part of the deal, the dealer was going to keep it stored over the winter for me. I will be looking for any kind of rodent damage when I pick it up in the spring.
When I had my pop up, I used to scatter little moth ball packets throughout the camper during the winter. I never had a problem. I know there were plenty of holes for them to get in if they wanted. Did I just get lucky or is that a valid way to deter critters from invading during the winter?
Bruce
Minnesota Viking fan trapped in Wisconsin
2011 KZ Sportsmen Classic 19BH
2013 Chevy Silverado 1500, Ext Cab, 5.3L Z71, 4x4
Boliy 3600si
AAA Plus RV

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
"last year randy the raccoon determined he wanted into my travel trailer, ...?????????

I suppose even racoons like to go camping! After sleeping in trees and holes in the ground all summer long, they're just looking for somewhere cozy to bed down for the winter ....

If you have a barn cat, that's probably the best "rodent" protection you'll ever have, especially if the cat has a shed to live in.