Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

rot repair

brdprey
Explorer
Explorer
hi guys,
a couple years ago i cam across a gem. had the best floor of a tent trailer i have seen in a while. the body was mostly great for its age and the top had a hole in it.
i was told take it home.
what i have is an older 1968 starcraft galaxy
she sleeps 8, 3 way fridge, stove, sink and hydraulic brakes. the gas is spot on, all the cables are great. supports are great. body is meh. all the peripherals are meh but usable.

she tows nice. very nice.

currently i have done the following. repaired some of the cushions and replaced some of the foam with new foam. i flipped the axles since she was so low to the ground. had a very hard time finding 12 inch tires so i got hubs for 14 reg car tires.
had new table tops build out of hard wood. stained .......mmm very pretty. eventually ill have pics for you.

but the wiring is a joke. the canvas on the ends are bad in the corners. the interior wood up at the top where the canvas is screwed in is rotted.

i repaired the hole in the roof., replaced the roof vent, all the peripherals (plastic pieces) on outside. new water pump. new batteries. thinking about new canvas but i just cant afford 2k for a new set when that money could go towards a down payment on a travel trailer.

ok, to the meat of this rant.
how do you remove the wood from the inside that was glued to the aluminum?
i started to pry but as i did i noticed the outside flexing. so i stopped before i did much damage.

can anyone help me figure this out so i can actually use this beast.
1 REPLY 1

wecamp04
Explorer
Explorer
Best I can do is to tell you to try popup portal.com it is all popup forum lots info.on anything popup good luck.