cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RV Crash I-75 @ I-475/23 overpass

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
On the way into work this afternoon I came upon a very serious crash. From what I could see the TT looked to be between 25' to 28', the tow vehicle was some kind of SUV.

I was on 475 east going on to 75 norht they were on the overpass from 75 south to 475 north. The TT was laying on it's side across the off ramp and the TV was at the bottom of the overpass. The roof was caved in form what I could see to the bottom of the windows. The overpass they where on goes over the other two ramps and SB-75 so it is a very long drop.

Lets hope and pray everyone survives.

LINK

Don
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.
15 REPLIES 15

Gr8life
Explorer
Explorer
gmcsmoke wrote:
Wiley75 wrote:
Yes, let's hope they are OK and fully recover from this awful incident.

Secondly, I suspect if they had Michilin Ribs instead of evil ST tires then this could have been avoided.;)

look for the upcoming lawsuit against the big 3 for making their new trucks too tall. Probably had to raise the trailer for level towing and caused a high center of gravity.

Pretty lame. Is that the best you can come up with?

gmcsmoke
Explorer
Explorer
Wiley75 wrote:

Secondly, I suspect if they had Michilin Ribs instead of evil ST tires then this could have been avoided.;)

look for the upcoming lawsuit against the big 3 for making their new trucks too tall. Probably had to raise the trailer for level towing and caused a high center of gravity.

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
Close this Please!

Wiley75
Explorer
Explorer

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
Perrysburg Police say a truck being driven by Larry Rundell, age 70, of Corunna, MI, went off the side of the highway and down the embankment after a camper it was pulling became separated from the truck.

Mr. Rundell's wife, Davena, also age 70, was also taken to the hospital.

So being the driver is 70 I bet speed was not a factor!

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
Toledo Blade Photo Gallery

The TV was a GMC Sierra, landed driver side down. Looks like the FD had to flap the roof to extricate the couple.

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
gmcsmoke wrote:
Thanks to my rv.net tutorials I've concluded the driver exceeded his gvwr but not his axle rating, didn't drive a dually and didn't have a WD setup.

Oh and was probably driving a ecoboost

Great stuff! Letterman is always looking for new material.

EcoBullet
Explorer
Explorer
Perrysburg Dodgeboy wrote:
As Hondavalk stated there are no speed restrictions for that ramp. many a driver both big trucks and cars have gone over, through or played pin ball with the guard rail over the years.

Sounds like there needs to be.
Me 1954, Nana 1954, Grandson 2003, Granddaughters 2005 & 2008
2014 Keystone Bullet Premier 22RBPR
2013 F-150 XLT Supercrew 4X4 Ecoboost Max Tow

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
As Hondavalk stated there are no speed restrictions for that ramp. So it is rated for 65 MPH truck traffic. I can tell you first hand that I have never drive around it at 65 MPH with my TT or when I was driving big truck. I do see big trucks doing it all the time and if your behind them as they cross the bridge deck they end up right up against the outside guard rail. many a driver both big trucks and cars have gone over, through or played pin ball with the guard rail over the years.

Hannibal
Explorer
Explorer
Hope they're ok...
2020 F250 STX CC SB 7.3L 10spd 3.55 4x4
2010 F250 XLT CC SB 5.4L 5spdTS 3.73
ex '95 Cummins,'98 12v Cummins,'01.5 Cummins,'03 Cummins; '05 Hemi
2017 Jayco 28RLS TT 32.5'

Hondavalk
Explorer II
Explorer II
I past the scene just as life flight was landing. For people that don't know the road it can easily catch you by surprise. I don't believe there are any speed restrictions posted but it tightens quickly and the pavement isn't the smoothest . Prayers to them.

DirtyOil
Explorer
Explorer
P D ... I think yer missing the point, although a tragic mishap, I have to agree. Speed what done it, which in my mind is as redonkulous as some of the "interweb know-it-alls" advice/lectures spewed here.
2013 RAM 3500 CTD Crew 4x4 Laramie
2014 Sprinter Copper Canyon 269FWRLS

GUTS GLORY RAM

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
gmcsmoke wrote:
Thanks to my rv.net tutorials I've concluded the driver exceeded his gvwr but not his axle rating, didn't drive a dually and didn't have a WD setup.

Dude really????? How do you find any thing humorous about this?

Update, it was a truck not a SUV shows how bad the vehicle was, i couldn't tell it was a pickup.

A truck pulling a camper lost control, hit the guard rail and then went over a hill and landed on its side.

Two people were in the truck. One was taken by air ambulance to Mercy St. Vincent's Medical center and is in critical condition.

The other person was also taken to the hospital, but there is no word on that person's condition.

gmcsmoke
Explorer
Explorer