cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Goop vs Caulk

Ruthless
Explorer
Explorer
I have a question concerning RV Goop and Caulk. What do you prefer to use? Which one is better, and why?
8 REPLIES 8

kzspree320
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
ProFlex Sealant caulking for anything on sides of RV

Dicor self leveling for roof seams

NO Silicone Caulking on an RV.........EVER!

X2. This is what I do also. It has worked for me.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
ProFlex Sealant caulking for anything on sides of RV

Dicor self leveling for roof seams

NO Silicone Caulking on an RV.........EVER!
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

wrenchbender
Explorer
Explorer
I use 3m 5200 on everything mobile

GrandpaKip
Explorer II
Explorer II
RV Goop is not a caulk and cannot be used as one. It is an adhesive. There are lots of glues and adhesives available. I always try to use one that is the most specific for the job at hand, not something that glues "everything", having learned this the hard way. I use Dicor products because they are easily available and have been around a long time. I also abhor pure silicon caulk. For general caulking, I use either Dicor or Polyseamseal on the camper. I am also a firm believer in butyl tape.
I do have a general purpose tube of Goop in the shop. I've used it for things that weren't under pressure or stress and small repairs. Haven't found a need for it in or on the camper, yet.
Good luck, hope this helps.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II
Interesting, I never knew it existed. Personally I have only used Dicor that is sold by the RV shops.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Ruthless
Explorer
Explorer
This is what I mean by RV Goop Opnspaces:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/RV-Goop-Tube-3.7-oz/17422755

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II
What do you mean by RV Goop and caulk? Is there a product called RV Goop or are you hoping to compare between an RV specific sealant and caulking you can buy at a home improvement store?
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

CampVirginia
Explorer
Explorer
I personally use Dicor sealant on the roof, or RV Goop as you call it and Sika brand SL-1 on the sides. Appearance is the main reason, but the Dicor goop is some good stuff. The Sika caulk is a polyurethane caulk that with stay pliable and is used in commercial applications. Next time your at a brick building somewhere, take a look at the caulk around the windows and doors, more than likely it's Sika caulking.
2014 Open Range 308 BHS Light
2005 Ford F350 SRW 6.0 PSD, Crew Cab
Kelly, Bobby, Abbey, Robbie & our rescue Lab Sasha