cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

satellite connection on Apex 249rbs

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
Just purchased a used winegard carryout for our Apex. I have it working hooked directly ( cable running through window ).

I am a satellite newbie so be gentle. The tv / antenna outlet I know normally can't be used, however ours has two coax connections on the cover along with the power button. One of them is marked satellite which makes me wonder. I did a quick hookup and got nothing. Plan to pull the cover and see if anything is actually hooked to the satellite marked outlet.

There is also a coax outlet at the front door but I thought that was just for an out side tv. Now I am hoping it is for satellite. The manual / paperwork is useless of course. It is a 2017 model.

Thought I would ask maybe someone has been through this with an Apex,Thanks in advance
7 REPLIES 7

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the answers. I pulled the plate and find no cable for satellite hookup. So I guess now have to get a cable to it.

BTW I called Apex and left a message re the issue. I got a call back message ( I missed the call ). They offered to email me some info to help me out. I need to send them my vin number. We'll see.

Side note: Apex responded to a previous request for info on stud layout to install a backup camera, sent me a wall layout etc. and were very helpful.

budwich
Explorer
Explorer
You need to check what type of wall plate you have... the newer rv7542 (or other color number) allows the sat signal thru on the aux/sat connector (with button off). The older models (rv7042) does not.

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our TT came with just a single exterior coax input with a label directly above stating satellite ready, of course it was no such thing and would only work with cable tv as there is a splitter located directly behind interior coax output plate where antenna booster switch was located. This simple 10 minute satellite rewire mod took care of the issue, performed over a decade ago it has passed HD satellite signal flawlessly ever since to both main and bedroom receivers.

kirkl
Explorer
Explorer
I just recently purchased a winegard carryout 2 and I cannot get it to work from the outside cable hookups cable/sattelite. Mine has a splitter somewhere in the trailer that splits the cable to living room and bedroom and I guess the windgards dont like those spitters so I just run it under the door. I need to try and find the sattelite splitter so I can take bedroom off and hopefully should work then.
2017 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins 4x4 LB
2018 Wildcat Maxx 28RKX
2014 Adventurer 80RB

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
riven1950 wrote:
thanks sgfrye. On mine the one coax that is now hooked up works for cable at cg and ota antenna, just need to push the power on / off for the antenna. So I have an " extra" coax outlet in the cover. Just hoping it is for satellite

actually i was wrong,,, mine is setup like yours so hopefully it will be for satellite (ive not used satellite on mine)

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
thanks sgfrye. On mine the one coax that is now hooked up works for cable at cg and ota antenna, just need to push the power on / off for the antenna. So I have an " extra" coax outlet in the cover. Just hoping it is for satellite

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
not familiar with the apex model but our TT has 2 coax connections in the wall outlet beside tv. also a "antenna" booster power button.

bottom coax connection is for using the rooftop antenna, power button needs to be onl

top coax in for cable tv. and i assume satellite also.

power booster needs to be turned off for us to get a signal thru the cable/sat coax connection