cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sewer Hose Ends/Fittings

K_Mac
Explorer
Explorer
My NL 10-2 cdse's bumper/ sewer hose compartment will not accept the fitting that's attached. I've been to Wally', C.W., and lots of RV dealers. Inside dimension of bumper is 3 9/16". Out side is 4". I've grinded the fitting's down to make them them fit, but have broken a few when attaching them because the flange, end's up being too thin and not as rigid. I'm probably better off attaching an after market tube under the bumper. What are you guys using. Thanks, K Mac.
15 REPLIES 15

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
FENCE POST

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

K_Mac
Explorer
Explorer
tuna fisher wrote:
K Mac, Just quick look and found here.
http://tweetys.com/ez-hose-carrier---white.aspx
Bingo! Thanks tuna fisher that's what I'm looking for. Stars & pjay ,I think the word sleeve, would clear up the miscomunication. The sleeves @ my big box are just to snug for my liking,they don't carry the 6" sleeve.

Stars101
Explorer
Explorer
OK, yup we had an issue with plain 'ole communication LOL. Hazard of using an online forum...

Yes, I meant the 4" square vinyl that was featured in the first/second post. Very popular mod and I ran out to do it when I had a TT. But my Rhino fittings wouldn't fit. And I couldn't find the larger size readily available where I live. The Rhino doesn't fit in the bumper either.

I didn't want the larger size anyway b/c of weight. Especially now that I have a TC I would only try and put the 4" under the wing, not the heavy stuff.

But now I don't need it al all b/c I have a 5 gallon Thetford Curve porta potty and the shower takes one of those grey water adater caps so I use a regular garden hose for grey water now.

pjay9
Explorer
Explorer
No, you totally misunderstood my action...I don't know what you mean by FENCE POST or maybe I should have written it like this "fence post"...not shouting or upset, just making sure you knew what I was trying to find out! Now that I have read this post I think I got it, correct me if I am wrong...when you say "fence post" you are referring to the "square tube where you try to store your sewer hose". True?

The Blueline being smaller castings may just fit...that's all I am saying!

No offense and none taken! I do hope you find something that works as it can be a pain. And You are Welcome! :>) Another way to look at it may be a left coast right coast nomenclature issue! YA Think!

Have a good evening.
2005 Lance 1161, 2004 Dodge CTD 3500 Dually 19.5's Stabiloads Roadmaster Sway, 2009 20' Raider 185 Pro Fish 90hp & 9.9 Yamaha vintage Penn elec.downriggers EZLoad roller trailer

Stars101
Explorer
Explorer
pjay9 wrote:
Stars101 wrote:
but bayonet ends will not fit a smaller fence post.

What does this mean? FENCE POST FIT!

I'm not sure why you seem upset - I wrote to THANK YOU for letting us know about the Blueline Hose because not all hose fittings will store in the fence post.

And my big, bulky RHINO bayonets/ends do not fit the fence post I bought at my Home Depot. No need to shout at me. If you can squeeze my Rhino bayonet into the smaller fence post, more power to you 🙂

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear with thanking you for posting the info about the smaller Blueline hoses.

tuna_fisher
Explorer
Explorer
K Mac, Just quick look and found here.
http://tweetys.com/ez-hose-carrier---white.aspx
2001 GMC DM, 1995 Lance Lite, @005 Eclipse Toyhauler, Toy's!;)

K_Mac
Explorer
Explorer
tuna fisher wrote:
Have had the same problem over the years,what I did. On the 5th wheel 6"PVC pipe w/end caps underneath the frame running across from side to side, plenty of room. On the TC one of the aftermarket tubes mounted under the rear over hang.Both solved that problem.
I searched high n low for a site with the after market tubes and can't find them. Sorry, now that all the kid's grew up and moved out,(never thought I'd say that)they can find anything.

pjay9
Explorer
Explorer
Stars101 wrote:
but bayonet ends will not fit a smaller fence post.

What does this mean? FENCE POST FIT!
2005 Lance 1161, 2004 Dodge CTD 3500 Dually 19.5's Stabiloads Roadmaster Sway, 2009 20' Raider 185 Pro Fish 90hp & 9.9 Yamaha vintage Penn elec.downriggers EZLoad roller trailer

tuna_fisher
Explorer
Explorer
Have had the same problem over the years,what I did. On the 5th wheel 6"PVC pipe w/end caps underneath the frame running across from side to side, plenty of room. On the TC one of the aftermarket tubes mounted under the rear over hang.Both solved that problem.
2001 GMC DM, 1995 Lance Lite, @005 Eclipse Toyhauler, Toy's!;)

Stars101
Explorer
Explorer
pjay9 wrote:
I found this brand of hose system and fittings to be more convienent and perhaps a bit smaller due to the design that may work for you.

Blueline

Had them for years and have not had any issues due to deisgn. I think folks are not sure as they don't look like they will do the job, no so hurky as the other brands. But the slip on off is really fast and secure, no aligning those nubs and twisting with cold wet hands. Hope this helps with your storage issue too.

That's good information to know. I've often thought, "Hmmm, if I didn't have that bulky Rhino hose (left over from TT) maybe it would fit better. Great hose, but bayonet ends will not fit a smaller fence post.

pjay9
Explorer
Explorer
I found this brand of hose system and fittings to be more convienent and perhaps a bit smaller due to the design that may work for you.

Blueline

Had them for years and have not had any issues due to deisgn. I think folks are not sure as they don't look like they will do the job, no so hurky as the other brands. But the slip on off is really fast and secure, no aligning those nubs and twisting with cold wet hands. Hope this helps with your storage issue too.

Joe417
Explorer
Explorer
I bought the same thing at Lowe's.

It's the 6" PVC fence post with end caps.

I recommend fastening it on with Aluminum straps. The plastic ties will break with age and weathering.
Joe and Evelyn

K_Mac
Explorer
Explorer
downtheroad wrote:
That looks like what I need. Any link ?

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
My fitting that attaches has a slight angle like the one at the link below. The angle allows the fitting to go in the bumper at an angle. I'm unsure why they decided to do that instead of making the bumper slightly larger. But, it works.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/45-degree-clear-hose-adapter/22169

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member